chapter 13

important !!!!!!

I REWROTE THE PROLOGUE AND THE FIRST CHAPTER SO GO READ IT PLEASE !! thank you x

d e v o n n e
m a i s y

Luke didn't come home that night. And the night after that. Dev hadn't seen Luke since she lost her phone(which was two days before) and she was absolutely devastated. She felt so empty; so lost.

Nonetheless, she kept her hopes sky high, telling herself that Luke would come back. She shut the front door of her house, before walking to school. Alone.

Somewhere in the distance between her home and school, Dev realized that Luke had a very big effect on her. She felt her energy being drained just because of Luke's absence.

As Dev entered the school and stepped into the crowded hallway, everyone immediately started to stare, whispering to each other in groups. She kept her head low, inhaling and exhaling heavily and trying to ignore everyone.

"Hey, Devonneybears," Dev heard a familiar, nauseating voice taunt. She was too scared to look up; afraid that her heart would shatter into a million pieces if she did so. But when she betrayed her thoughts as she looked up, she realized that it didn't hurt like she thought. It hurt so much more.

Luke was standing beside Reneé, her hand intertwined around his. Dev felt herself slowly tearing apart as she stared at the two of them. She knew Reneé was up to something. She knew it. But how did she still her phone when she wasn't even in any of her classes?

And then it hit her.

Kate.

Kate must have snuck in the lockers' room during Gym and stolen her phone while everyone was running laps.

Dev was about to call Reneé out on stealing her phone, but she wasn't stupid. She knew that if she called her out on it, the sneaky, manipulative slag would tell everyone in the school about the app.

"Hey," Dev simply said, trying not to let the fact that the guy she liked and the girl she hated was holding hands about two feet infront of her.

Reneé smirked, purposely leaning her head on his shoulder to make Dev feel even worse. A crowd had formed around them, and Reneé was making the best of it.

"Where's your boyfriend?" She pouted mockingly at Dev, looking around, before she laughed, "Oh wait! Here he is. Beside me, and holding my hand."

"Okay," Dev managed to say, gulping and trying not to let her emotions get the best of her. Just when she was finally accepting the fact that she liked Lule, everything just had to fall apart.

Everyone stared intently at the trio, anticipating their next movements. Dev didn't want to start anything, all she wanted to do was get the hell out of there.

Luke looked like he was back to square one. He looked like the first time she saw him, and that was probably what hurt her most. When everything was finally falling into place, Luke being human and all, shit just had to happen.

Dev inhaled, her eyes looking at anywhere but the 'couple' infront of her, "I hope you guys are happy together."

Reneé's face faltered for a moment, obviously not expecting that kind of answer. But as soon as it faltered, she was smirking again. All of a sudden, she grabbed Luke's chin and pulled it towards her direction, placing her lips on his and making Dev widen her eyes.

But her kissing him wasn't the worst part. The worst part was Luke kissed back.

He fucking kissed back.

The bell rang as soon as they pulled away. Dev felt like crying. She wanted to scream, yell, and bang her head on the wall. Her stomach started to ache, and her heart felt as if it'd been stabbed. She bit her lip, trying not to give in. She didn't want Reneé to win, she wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of seeing her break down in the middle of so many people.

Before she knew it, the crowd had dispersed in chatters, and the couple infront of her hand had walked hand-in-hand in the opposite direction.

As she stared at the back of their retreating fingers, she learnt that the hardest part about everything not being okay, was pretending it was.

++

As soon as the final bell had rung, Dev practically ran out of the school, knowing she wasn't going to be able to look at Reneé and Luke without her heart being ripped out of her chest.

She was in no mood to go home, so instead, she found herself walking towards Jevan's. Walking in the semi-crowded(it was only crowded during the weekends), she spotted the familiar blonde at the cashier.

"Hey Kaden," Dev said, forcing a smile as she took a two dollar bill and hande it to him.

Kaden smiled back, grabbing the money and scooping two scoops of chocolate chip ice cream for her, "Hey Dev,"

Dev took the cone hastily, before sitting down at a random booth.

She didn't know she was crying until Kaden had sat in the chair opposite her, wiping her tears under her eyes and his eyes filled with worry, "What's wrong?"

"Go back to work, you idiot," Dev sobbed, rubbing her nose. She rarely ever cried, and despised when people saw her cry.

Kaden stood his ground, determined to help her in some way, "There aren't many customers around. Come on, I've got time. What's wrong?"

Dev didn't mean to say anything, but she did. The words came out of her mouth before she could stop them. She just needed someone.

"He kissed her back," Dev shakily stated, her eyes shut tight as she tried to erase the image of what happened earlier that day from her head, "He kissed her back, Kaden."

"Luke kissed another girl?" Kaden asked, his eyes widening as Dev nodded.

Kaden wrapped her arms around Dev tightly, as if the tighter he hugged, the lesser the pain she would feel. But it wasn't working. Dev was close to crying, hugging him back as tight.

"I'm so sorry, Dev," Kaden felt bad for her and he also felt bad that he couldn't do anything but apologize for something he didn't do, and had no control of.

"I can't believe it," Dev sniffed, "I knew she was a cunning wench. But I didn't know she didn't have a damn conscience,"

Kaden bit his lip, rubbing her back as she cried onto his shoulder, "It must've been Luke's fault too for kissing her back."

"Yeah," Dev agreed, "Yeah, it must've."

This happened for the next few days. Dev would still go to the ice cream parlor after school every single day, because Kaden was a great distraction. It hurt everytime she saw Luke with Reneé, of course it did. The only thing she looked forward to everyday now was to hang out wth Kaden after school at Jevan's. She found herself enjoying his company.

But somewhere deep inside her, she knew she missed Luke more than she enjoyed his company.

++

ok so um i went on twitter last night and everyone was talking about the boyfriend app and saying its shit and i dont even know how this happened but yeah ha ha ;//

i rewrote the prologue and the first chapter and tried not to make it shitty pls go read it and tell me how it is im sorry i hope u liked this really short nd shitty chapter

i love u

$$,

jay.