chapter 22

WHAT DOES LUKE THNINK HES DOING I wANT TO IFGHT HIM SOS BAD @ LUKE5SOS FIGHT ME U FRICKLE FRACK

PS!!! I WROTE A NEW CALUM FANFIC AND ITS CALLED SPEED LIMIT AND ITS A RACER CALUM FANFIC AND IM SO SO EXCITED PLEASE GO CHECK IT OUT :D

PPS!!! i also wrote a new michael fanfic and its called guitar strings and it abt michael being the girls guitar teacher but he is an asshole and she is a bitch and yeP please go read itjdkdkg

chapter 22

Dev and Luke walked out of their school, hand-in-hand. By now, they'd learnt to just ignore the stares that they were getting. It was odd, why were people still staring at them? They didn't know, but they chose to ignore it.

Dev was happy. She really was, but she was also afraid. She was afraid that everything was going to end, because she knew happiness never lasted. Good things come to an end, it was inevitable. She was afraid that the good things happening to her would end.

It was so easy for Luke to leave her. So easy, it scared her. He could leave her in the blink of an eye, and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He was human now. He could do whatever he wanted to do whenever. She didn't want that. She didn't want him to leave her, and she was afraid.

She was afraid to lose the only thing that made her happy.

And even as she stared up at Luke, who had occasionally gazed at her in admiration, the feeling of paranoia didn't disappear. It probably never would.

The both of them walked towards Jevan's(of course), Dev biting her lip and staring at the ground, wondering how she got so lucky in the most fucked up, unrealistic way.

They entered the small shop, and Kaden wasn't there. Instead, a petite girl with short black hair and dark, almond-shaped eyes. They bought two scones of chocolate chip ice cream, and sat down at the same booth beside the window.

They both sat in silence as they devoured the ice cream, before Luke decided to break it.

"Dev, you know I care for you, right?" Dev's head snapped up, her mouth still filled with ice cream, "I mean, I care about you. And I like you a lot. And I just, I hope you know that."

Dev awkwardly swallowed the ice cream and shot him a soft smile, "I know, Luke. I hope you know I care about you too, and I like you too. A lot."

Luke stared at his ice cream, his mouth smiling widely, as if he was a kid and it was christmas. He looked beautiful, and it blew her mind so much that he didn't know he was.

He was so sweet. Everytime they walked together, he would always grab her hand and intertwine their fingers together. Everytime it rained, he would place his hand on top of her head to prevent the rain from touching her head and giving her a cold. He'd randomly give her kisses out of nowhere. It was the little things he did that made her like him more.

"We are so cliché," Dev laughed, finishing her ice cream. She didn't exactly dislike clichés, but she wasn't that fond of them either. Besides, it seemed everything was cliché nowadays.

"What?"

"I said, we are so cliché. Like, we should be in a movie. Or like, a book, like Ms. Joan said," Dev stated, smiling at herself as she leaned back on her chair, "Yeah, a book. I feel like we're in some kind of novel or something,"

Luke raised an eyebrow at her, finishing his ice cream and mimicking her as he leaned back his chair, "We're not cliché! I came out from an iPad, how is that cliché?"