chapter 21

^ I APPRECIATE JACK HEMMINGS

hello im so sorry for 838284th time for the late chapters bUT theres so many things in my mind and ive been having writers block andksofnksf

im sorry again hope you enjoy!! sorry this story is getting so boring fuckskfkg it gets better there is not much drama for now..... THE ENDING IS SO UGLY HELP MEG THIS STORY IS A MESS

chapter 21

Love.

It was such a stupid concept. Devonne Maisy never believed in such things.

She didn't believe two people could love each other so much to the point where they'd do anything to be together. To love someone with your entire soul, body, and mind.

It just didn't make sense.

But as she stared at her and Luke's hands entwined together, fingers in between fingers, palm firmly against palm, him telling her horrible jokes and puns and her enjoying it as they walked to school, it finally started making sense.

"Okay, okay," Luke laughed, "I got another one."

Dev shook her head, her eyes fixated on her shoes and every step they took. She mimicked his footsteps. She did that a lot. Left. Right. Left. Right.

"I can tell it's going to suck." She stated, rolling her eyes but unable to fight the smile off her face.

"Like your mouth will be doing later tonight," Luke proudly replied, his cute, childlike grin made it impossible for Dev to take him seriously.

Dev rolled her eyes and playfully slapped him on the shoulder, loving him just a little more, and she spoke, "Shut up."

He laughed, and after that, it was silent. They didn't need to speak, they were both together, hands intertwined, and that was enough for them.

Finally, the school campus came into sight, and Dev let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She felt Luke give her hand a light squeeze, re-assuring her that he was there for her, and she was thankful.

As soon as they stepped inside campus grounds, eyes immediately shot up to both of them, but most of them were on Dev. She was immediately hit by the urge to go home. She didn't want to stay. She wanted to lay in bed and never leave her room.

Hand in hand, they walked through the hallways, ignoring the stares they were getting.

And then she saw her. Leaning against the locker and chatting with Kate. Her cousin.

Dev still found it hard to believe. Dani was Kate's cousin. Cousin. Out of all the people in the world the first person she actually was eager to befriend was Kate's cousin.

Normally, old Dev would have probably left Dani alone. She would've been to scared, she would've let her walk all over her. She would have cowered at the sight of Dani, and she would have ran into the bathroom and started crying, because she was weak. She wasn't strong enough.

But she wasn't that girl anymore.

Dev marched up to Dani, not noticing that she had let go of Luke's hand. She was too furious. Dani was laughing, acting as if she did nothing wrong, and it was infruriating.

"You manipulative, decieving, lying little-" Dev exploded, her eyes narrowed in anger, her fists clenched, and her teeth gritted. She's had enough of letting people walk all over her.

Dani's head snapped to her, surprised. For the past few months of being friends with Dev, she knew her enough to know that she couldn't stand up for herself. Dev was an insecure, self-concious, shy little thing. Well, she used to be, anyway.