9: Lost Boys and Hunting Games

The Lost Boys began to close in on the unconscious boy. He was tied up in ropes should he wake up and dragged though the jungle. While the boys headed back to the camp, I found myself staring out into the beach. Who was this boy and what was his story? A frown formed on my face as the questions stacked up with no answers.

"Cheer up, Jess, we got a new visitor who's coming back to camp with us. The could make our little game more interesting. Having a new face and all." 

I shook my head at Peter "You're a monster, Pan. Why don't you just let the boy go?" 

"And why would I do that and ruin all the fun?" 

"It's not right. He deserves to be from wherever he came from." 

He cocked his head at me saying coldly "You're not getting it Jess. Once you set foot in Neverland, you can never leave unless I say so. Besides..."

He took a step closer to me, "We've got a game to play." 

With that he pulled me away from the beach as we followed the Lost Boys back to the camp. Peter addressed the boys about their new guest.

"As you know, we have a new guest here in Neverland. We brought him back with us. Now, what do you suppose we do with him?" Peter asked and Felix spoke,

 "Let's play a game with him. See how good he is with a sword. Have him battle you even though you would dominate him." 

The other Boys nodded their heads in agreement. 

"How about we do some target practice right now? He wouldn't even know it," Peter suggested, "I've been wanting for some real entertainment." 

All the Lost Boys cheered. I was too stun to make a move and stop Peter.

Devin got him a crossbow and loaded an arrow in it. He aimed it at the mysterious boy ready to fire. I broke out of the crowd and ran in front of the boy just as Peter fired the arrow. Peter's eyes widened and all the boys gasped. I reacted knowing that I was going to die. There was one thing I had to do, but was I ready?

I raised my hand and fiercely grabbed the arrow by the shaft just before it pierced me. I was breathing rapidly and looked at the arrow. It was just inches away from my heart. I dropped the arrow and looked at it. I almost killed myself. Peter walks towards me, his face red from anger. 

"What was that for?" He shouted and I knew he was going to yell at me for going that. 

"Why did you do that? You could've gotten yourself killed. If you weren't who you are, I probably would've killed you for making that move." 

I looked at him with sad eyes, "You can't kill him." 

Peter looked me in the face as he stepped forward. The rest of the circle stepped back and watched.

"And why can't I? It's not like you're going to stop me."

I smiled bitterly, "If you kill the boy, you kill me. Take your pick."

I took my own dagger and brought it to my throat. The boys let out a collective gasp and no one made a move. My face was stone as to not give anything away. 

"Make your choice before I make it for you."

Peter reappeared in front of me. He used his strength to pin my arms by my side. I felt his breath on my ear as he spoke in a calm voice, "You're either really brave or really crazy to do such a thing. I'm quite impressed. Just for that I'll reward you in letting the boy live. He'll be a part of our group."

"Thank you, but you do mean your group. There is no us." I told him and he stepped back. 

He looked at me with a hard look before turning to Felix and Devin.