8: Answers and Strangers

I left the tent and saw the boys going about their usual business. Peter sat in the center when his eyes met mine with amusement. He was busy sharpening his own dagger and keeping a watchful eye on all the boys.

A Lost Boy blocked my pathway to him. I tried to go around him, only to be pushed back. His brown eyes seemed to catch fire as he looked at me. 

"Move out of my way Aaron." I growled at the Lost Boy. 

Aaron laughed saying "Make me." 

I shrugged saying, "I won against Devin, I can easily beat you." 

Aaron laughed and didn't move. 

"Let me rephrase myself," I started, pulling out my dagger, "Move out of my way if you want to see the next sunrise."

Aaron stopped laughing and stepped back to let me through before disappearing into camp once again.. 

I walked through and watched Peter for a minute before he spoke up. 

"You can't sneak up on me if that's what you're trying to do." 

The demon turned his head around and smirked at me deviously. 

I rolled my eyes annoyed telling him, "That's not what I was trying to do and you know it."  

He nodded his head with a wild grin, "You never know." 

I scoffed, "Trust me, I know." 

I took a sat on the log across from him. Now the hard part was going to begin.

"Something tells me you have some answers I'm looking for." I started and Pan stopped sharpening the dagger to look up at me. 

"And so what if I do?" He said challenging me and I frowned at him replying just as sneaky "I'll get something out of you." 

Pan laughed at me and made a face "Oh, I'd like to see you try." 

I sighed annoyed at his replies. He shot me a wink saying "You still got a lot to learn, Lost Girl." 

"Quit playing games, I'm not in the mood," I mumbled.

"My my aren't you persistent," he chuckled and gestured for me to take a seat.

"As you know, this is Neverland. A place where kids never grow up. I was the first to discover it as my shadow had taken me here. I am also known by another name if you haven't known," Pan said to me and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Who?" 

"The Pied Piper and you know why?" Pan snapped back and I shook my head.

He pulled out his Pan flute. 

"This pan flute is enchanted. Only certain people can hear it. Mainly boys of course. Those are the boys who feel lost, abandoned and alone. Perhaps you would like a sample of its power."  

He blew into the instruments and its eerie tune spread throughout the camp. The Lost Boys started to dance around them in a ring. They hollered and banged sticks against each other. Peter lowered the pan flute and seemed surprised that I stood there unfazed. 

"Do you not hear it?" He asked puzzled.

"I hear it," I reply, "But I don't feel like dancing."

"Interesting..." Peter said and sighed, "Let us continue with our conversation now uninterrupted, shall we?"

He added a log to the already burning fire, 

"It was long before you came here when that witch came to the island. I met her when I lured her brothers to the island. She somehow chased after them and arrived here."