6: Stance on Fighting

Under normal circumstances, when one ventures into the unknown, they experience the  whimsical feeling that often accompanies travel. It is the fact that nothing is known that sparks a fire from within. However, if you are on Neverland, that feeling is overshadowed by the dark fear that something bad is looming. 

When I exited the tent, my green eyes scanned for any sign of the demon. I did not see him anywhere and instead turned my attention to the camp itself. It was a basic layout and each location had something prominent to distinguish it. Boys under brown hoods wandered about doing their business. 

Some spared a few glances my way, but the rest paid no attention to me. That suited me just fine. I catch sight of a sword in the distance and decide that my small dagger would not be as effective. Just as my hand grasps the handle of the weapon, a hand grips my wrist and I hissed out in pain. 

"What are you doing?" The Lost Boy asked. 

I met a set of dark eyes and pushed him away from me, "Why do you care?"

"Why must there be a girl in camp?" The boy wondered aloud to no one in particular, "Not like we need to cater to your every needs, spoiled brat."

Fury fuelled my next actions as I punched that smirk from his face. That caught the attention of the other Lost Boys. My green eyes flared in anger, "Don't you ever call me a spoiled brat."

The boy just let out a challenging grin, "Why should I? You are after all just a girl."

The boys hollered around us and I pointed my blade towards him, "And you are just a pig."

I saw a spear come towards me and without straying my eyes from the Lost Boy on the ground, I caught the weapon in mid air. The boys let out a collective gasp and now the boy was on his feet. I tossed the sword to the side and pointed to the boy's weapon, "If you still would like to be taught a lesson from a girl, I challenge you to a duel. I'll even use your little weapon."

The boy held his weapon out towards me, "Are you sure about that, sweetheart? Or are you afraid to ruin your hair?"

He laughed and in that time I had swung my spear at him for him to barely block it in time. I stepped back and yawned, "Are you just going to continuing blabbering nonsense or are we actually going to fight?"

"She told you off, Devin," One of the Lost Boys said. 

"Shut it, Slightly," Devin barked at the boy.

His eyes travelled back to me as the other Lost Boys surrounded us. My green eyes observed the boy and anticipated his next movement. I danced around him and elbowed the back of his head. He yelped and I laughed. Our weapons clashed and while he was taller than me, I refused to back down. I could hear the Lost Boys talk amongst themselves.

"Who is she?"

"She is on par with Devin and he isn't even the strongest boy here."

"You think she has the potential to best Pan?"

"No one can beat Pan. Anyone who's tried ends up facing punishment."

"Guys look, the girl won."

"What?!"

Indeed, while they were talking, I managed to stand over Devin. My foot was on top of his chest pinning him down. The poisoned tip lance was at his throat. My eyes flashed dangerously, "Do you accept defeat?"

"I concede," Devin let out. 

I moved my foot and the boy had his head hung in shame. 

"Don't underestimate me just because I am a girl," I warned the Lost Boy cooly, "I could be a lot worse."