Part 10 (Mala's gratitude)

Hiccup POV

"We are outnumbered and Shattermaster needs rest, he can keep up this long!" Yelled Dagur concern, the man loves his dragon-like he loves killing and he still puts his dragon first next to family of course.

The sound of arrows whistle by us as we dodge them, the hard strong boulders that punched the ocean when they missed us, and radiation of the Singletails' blast warmed our skin and remind us that we might die. It was a failed recon mission, our enemies got the upper hand with their large numbers and not to mention their new air reinforcement. Singletails are deadly dragons, they can fire from their mouth, tail, and belly, the only vulnerable place left is their back and also where the riders sit. Their battle tactics have been improving and it is a burden to us. We lack troops and the Berserkers are too far away to come help us.

"Hiccup, Dagur right we need to retreat and rest it will help sharpen our minds and recharge our energy" Heather suggested, unable to stable eye contact because of incoming arrows and Singletail blasts.

I sigh "Alright, they are an isl-" I was not able to finish my sentence when a fire blast hint and burn Toothless' prosthetic tail fin and making it hard for me to maneuver Toothless and is difficult for him to fly properly. We spin uncontrollably in the sky while the others raced to save us but none of their dragons were quick enough to match our free-fall speed, we have reached the maximum gravity speed as our acceleration is constant but still, the change of surviving is at least 9 percent. My body fell numb in the speeding and harsh air and it's making my stomach unhappy for some reason.

Soon later, an island was visible, very visible for us to see and that will be our grave if I don't come up with something. I pulled Toothless back as he expands his wings collecting air in them to decrease our velocity and is just enough for Stromfly and Windsheer to catch up as their claw grip firmly on Toothless' cal and me, unnoticed that we were already in the island and slam into some trees, knocking them down on the ground with us as we were throw out of our saddles and land on the soil ground.

Once we get up, more pain aches in our bodies from that horrible impact but we have to walk it off as we dusted ourselves from the dirt on the ground that sticks to our tunics while Dagur and Eret land beside us, unnoticed to our surrounding until hundreds of men and women surrounded us with their spears pointed at us and our companion. The people here all wear black tunics like armor, dark leggings, night sky leather boots, and black leather musk that hide all their face expected their eyes. We eyed them carefully and did know if we should attack them or lay low as we try to clam our dragons while they growl and glare at the musk army.

After a few minutes of intense staring, Well us staring while them glaring. They suddenly straighten their Spears and their bodies and put their fist on their chest and spoke.

"all Hale Mala, Queen defender of the Wing"

After the announcement, they all bow their heads towards a blonde-haired woman wearing the black robe with gold lining. Got to admit she is beautiful, her soft clear skin, the natural blush on her cheeks, her define jawline and dirty blonde pixie hairstyle. Once she saw us her pupils' size decrease and her calm face expression twisted into an angry frown.

"So this are the dragon's hunters and their in-salve dragons, Throak" she states eyeing us up and down then turn to the only man who does not wear anything similar to the other folks. He wore a light-grey tunic with a single black leather shudder pad on his left shudder and wear black pants and leather foot wear.

"Yes My Queen, they have trespassed and in danger, the peace within our border and homeland" the Throak man-guy answered his tone respectful yet determined like his hazel narrowed eyes.