Part 3(missing and nightmares)

3rd POV

Stoick the vast the chief of the Hairy Hooligan tribe and father of Hiccup, he was excited for his son's final test and for him to kill his every first dragon. He was like any other Viking who move mountain and tamed the savage seas. He was buff and was certainly packed with muscles, he has red-orange hair and thick beard and has vale green eyes like Hiccup and that's the only feature that he and his son have in common. Sure he knew very well that he is not close with his son on any occasion in his life but maybe after his success in killing a dragon, they could start over and have the father and son kind of relationship not a stranger type.

Stoick POV

I woke up early in the morning as usual and I'm heading my way to Hiccup's room so he wouldn't oversleep because today is the day he gets to kill a dragon for the first time, the day he becomes one of us, today he becomes a man, a Viking man. Not in a hundred years that I have thought about this moment would come, I guess the Gods have changed their mind on Hiccup. I'm so proud of him, maybe I should have given him more attention in the past after all he is still my son. Maybe after he kills the dragon, I'm gonna spend more time with him, father and son bonding time, I will teach him how to improve his fighting and maybe go on monthly fishing trips and teach him how to be a chief, after all his next in line.

I smile when I saw the room's door and open it as it slams on the wooden wall and I shouted "morning son, today is a big day!" But no response and I turn my gaze to his bed, it was neat and it looks untouched and I thought he had woken up really. Strange, he is usually not an early bird but I was snap out of my thoughts when my hut's door was knocked loudly and I quickly make my way downstairs and open my door to be greeted by the Hoffersons with worried looks on their faces. "Steve?, Ingrid?, What is the meaning of this?" I said a bit mad "sorry to bother you chief but have you seen our daughter?, she was not even in her room" exclaim Ingrid, Astrid's mom who was still in her worrying stage. "I haven't seen Hiccup in the morning nor his room as well, just calm down, maybe they are at the arena as we speak" I said, trying to clam them down which they did and nodded.

Steve Hofferson is a buff man with amber color hair and a thick beard and has a pair of ocean blue eyes while his wife, Ingrid Hofferson has an athletic body type and has blonde hair that was braided and has a pair of ocean blue eyes as well.

We decided to go to the arena, once we enter the arena a crowd of Vikings and there was no sign of Hiccup or Astrid there as well. Once the Viking in the arena saw me, they quickly made their way towards me and surround me and one of them said." sir, the dragons! they are gone! all of them!". "What?, how did they escape?, weren't their guard on portal?, but that's not important at the moment, right now I need search parties to look for my son and Astrid, they have been missing this morning." I ordered while the other Vikings nodded and when to gather some more help to go search.

It's been hours and still, nobody has found Hiccup nor Astrid and I'm starting to get worried, so as the Hoffersons. So we decided to join the search. We are currently walking deep in the forest and it was almost sundown, so we need to hurry up.

We brought lamps with up us to make it easy to see in the forest and we saw a tree that has been sliced in half and spitters all over it and some ropes and stones that look like a bola, maybe a dragon was shot down and escaped. We continue on the search until Gobber yelled all of a sudden.

"STOICK, I FOUND HICCUP'S KNIFE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT ELSE I FOUND!" A bit shock in his tone. I and the Hoffersons ran towards Gobber's voice and found a beautiful cove but have no intention to admire it in the meantime and saw Gobber holding on a knife and hand it to me. He was right it was Hiccup's knife because his name was on the dagger's handle. I was snap out of my thoughts when Ingrid gasp. " this is A-Astrid's axe, was s-she with your boy? " exclaim Ingrid in a worried tone."I have no idea b-" o was cut off by Spitelout. "Look chief, dragon scales and burn marks, maybe a-a dragon attack them, I'm sorry Chief and you both as well Hoffersons." He said softly and genuinely while he looks at the ground, so as Gobber. "They look like Nightfury scales, the only black dragon I see before in my life, and a Nightfury never missed its shots" said Gobber holding one of its scales.