Part 4(changes and healed)

~at Berk~

3rd POV

A tragic week has passed by quickly and the day they gave up on the search for Hiccup and Astrid and just 'assume' them to be death. "My only son, the only family I had left, gone. First I lost Valka, my lovely wife and now, my son. I have failed you Valka if only I have treated Hiccup better and I spend more time with him, this might not happen but I didn't do any of that and instead, I pushed him aside and focus on what other people need but not what my son needs, a father. I'm sorry Valka, I'm so sorry Hiccup. I hope the gods above could give me a second chance and let me redeem myself towards my son". Thought Stoick as he mourns over his son's death. "I'm gonna seek vengeance for my son, I'm gonna kill that Night Fury"

Tears of sadness left my eyes as I watch the two wooden boats that burn at the horizon of the sea, as both Hiccup and Astrid make their way to the open gates of Valhalla, where the brave never dies.

The tension around them was sadness, no one dares to joke or talk about anything during the event and somehow Thor was watching their sorrow and the clouds in the sky were once white as the scales of the screaming death are now dark and gloomy and rain followed by. Make the event more dramatic.

It was a heartbreaking day for everyone in the village especially for Stoick and the members of the Hofferson family, who have to mourn over the undeserving death of their child while the others have given them their best wishes and respect by attending their children's funeral. Anger has taken over the minds of both Astrid's parents and have broken down into a mess and argue with Stoick, their Chief.

"This is all your son's fault! Astrid would have not died if it worth it for him!. He was weak and depended on our daughter's aid of help to defend him and herself against the Nightfury!" shouted Ingrid Hofferson while in the comfort of her husband's arms as she sobs uncontrollably in them.

Stoick was shock and in-rage by the sudden attack to his son, who have also have just die and this was their funeral, how could this show respect to their day to mourn. He was still angry and snapped back without thinking properly because of mixed emotions that clouded his mind because of the events that happen a week ago. "My son's fault?!, wherein Odin's beard did you got that from!. You weren't there with them!, what do you know about the incident!, my son is no weakling, he is one of us!, his a Vikings!" He yelled with rage in his eyes but cold down when the Hoffersons look down in shame that they yelled at the chief for what his son was not accused of but is one of the victims. Stoick who notice his and sign softly and said "look, Astrid is an excellent lass, she was a strong and bold warrior but she knows what's doing the right thing, that is trying to defend Hiccup, even though he is a well........' runt to the village', she has a great heart and surely she will be rewarded by Odin himself for her deeds and maybe he will send some to you as well for raising that lovely daughter of yours " Stoick smiled weakly and the Hofferson have apologized for their disrespected outrage who Stoick have quickly accepted.

That is what the village and their chief believe in how both of the Hoffersons have treated their daughter but I reality they were trying to maintain their Hofferson image and by doing so, pressuring her in her training in combat and somehow mentally abusing her, to squeeze all the energy she has until it is all given to her training and to feed off by the Hofferson's egos, to keep their title for being the best of the best and has been doing so with the old generation of Hoffersons and now the new ones.

Meanwhile almost everything has changed when both Hiccup and Astrid disappear, for instant dragon, raids have completely stopped, there has not been a single raid for the past 6 days but the Vikings are not letting their guard down so easily. Having a sharpened mind is a key to victory, even for Viking who are known for fist first and think later, or never. But never the less the Viking are starting to enjoy the peace and who does not like a relaxing day. Was this a gift from the Gods as a 'sorry present' for the lost of Hiccup and Astrid.