Chapter 28 (Living In The Moment)

Ignorance is bliss as many say. Hiccup layed on his bear fur bed, staring off at the celling, just contemplating on life. He is an over thinker, it has been a blessing and a curse at the same time. He shouldn't even be laying down right, he should be out there giving orders and helping the village. He let a sigh of defeat, but then again he is human and no one is perfect and that's okay.

He again is a Leader of his people, of dragons in a way. People depend on him, the dragons depend on him, his friends and family depend on him. So much is expected from him but sometimes he just thinks he isn't right for the job nor the responsibility but in his own honesty, he was doing just as fine. Atleast better then he expected. A win is a win

Life have taught him many things, for one, always expect the unexpected, life is always a series of ups and downs and he should always prepare and stay calm when things go south. Patients is was the key and right now is the waiting game. He is healing and it always takes time but time doesn't seem to be at their side as Drago can come and attack any moment now.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when the door of the bedroom swing open to review his beautiful daughters Zephyr who failed to hide her looks of concern as her green eyes screams it in high volume making Hiccup to feel a pan of guilt looking at his four year old child. She is just to young to even worry about her old man but I guess she can't help it after she loves her father dearly. It's just a natural instinct to care.

"Dad? are you alright?" She asked softly while peeking though the door sadly and Hiccup instantly spring up from bed, in a way to show to his daughter that there's nothing to concerned herself with.

"Yes! What brings you here sweetheart? shouldn't you be playing with the other kids?" Hiccup asked hopefully to change the subject but honestly his daughter although young is still very smart for her age, a trait she got from him and he was very proud of that. At least he gets to rub it in to his wife's face but honestly his just glad she didn't beat him up for doing so. He chuckled lightly at the thought, he loves his little family so much. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for them. The two beautiful girls in his life.

"Mommy say I should take you to the great hall and have lunch together!" she chipped happily and jumping slightly in excitement. Gods know he was gonna spoil his daughter once the whole Drago things die down. She just makes his whole world go round, The gods seem to have repay all the struggles he face with this beautiful life of a daughter. He smile wildly at the godsend of a daughter

"I would love that!" he said before pulling off the covers and attached his prosthetic foot on before getting out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up and wash the sleep out of his tired eyes. Zephyr waited patiently for her dad to ready himself and look decent for the day. Messy isn't a look for a chief and his daughter understand that. He exit from the bathroom, looking better then he was before and felt better too. "I'm ready when you are daughter!"

Zephyr looked up and smiled at her father before stretching out her hand to give it to him. He held her small hand delicately, like a prize or something fragile. Love and care was the feeling he was pouring towards his daughter and he can't help but feel proud of himself for doing so. He remembered that his father didn't show him that kind of affections and he had the chances to show his daughter what he had missed out on in his childhood.

They exited the their house and made their way towards the great hall. The villagers looked at the father-daughter moment with content, they always know their chief is a good man but this just made him look more respectable especially towards the mothers as they know that is a good trait of a father. They couldn't help but greet the man.

"Morning chief! and to you little lass as well!" A fishermen greeted with a wild smile while carrying a large basket filled with fish on his back and a sneaky terrible Terror trying to steal a fish