Chapter 6

Sunday is sort of a blur to me. Most likely I woke up, texted, Cody, went to church, texted Cody, watched TV, texted Cody, and went to bed. All while counting down the hours until Monday morning.  

When I woke up Monday morning (after very little sleep might I add), I jumped out of bed and got ready as fast as I could. I told my dad I needed to get to school early to work on some stuff, when really I knew that Cody always got there early and I wanted more time with him.  

On the way to school, he and I had an interesting conversation.  

I mentioned how I couldn't wait to see him. From there I proceeded to explain what happened to me when I saw him, or more specifically, when he hugged me.  

"What happens to you?" he asked.  

"Insane things. I usually can't breathe for a minute, and my heartbeat spikes to a ridiculous rate, which usually makes me all shaky. I'm surprised you haven't been able to feel my heart pretty much beating out of my chest when we hug."  

"Well, we haven't had a long enough hug yet. Ill get a chance to feel it. ;)"  

Butterflies exploded in my stomach when I read that message and I gulped. I couldn't imagine anything more awesome than a long hug with Cody.  

Well, yes I could.  

Haha. But you know what I mean.  

As I was pulling into the parking lot, my phone vibrated again.  

"Meet me in the library when you get here. It's empty. Maybe we could have one of those long hugs."  

It took absolutely all of my self-control to keep from hyperventilating right there in front of my dad. My heart was pounding and I could barely get my stuff together as I stumbled out of the car.  

I took several deep breaths and tried to compose myself as I walked into the building. Just had to stay cool.  

When I got up the stairs and entered the hallway where the library was , I saw Cody standing in from of the entranced to it talking to Sarah. When he saw me, our eyes met and one corner of his mouth turned up into a lopsided grin as tried to casually walk into the library. I took another deep breath and followed, trying to feign casualty myself.  

I walked in and saw him pretending to look for something on a bookshelf. I came closer to him and he swiftly embraced me into the most amazing hug I've ever received. It lasted around 10-12 seconds and I clung to him as if my life depended on it. I tried to breathe as much was possible with my heart racing so violently, to get the aroma in my mind for the day.  

When he finally broke it, I was shaking from head to toe.  

"How was that?" he asked, chucking, most likely at my frazzled appearance.  

"Good," I gasped. I felt as if I was underwater. I tried my best to catch my breath and refrain from looking like a total idiot at the same time.  

The bell rang. I was slightly grateful that I had time to go to class and compose myself before I saw him again.  

When I sat down in world history I was delighted to find that my jacket smelled like Cody. I spent most of the class sitting there sniffing it and counting down the minutes until the period was over.  

A few minutes into it my phone vibrated, startling me. I discreetly looked at it inside my pocket and smiled when I saw who it was from.  

"Did you like that?"  

"Oh yeah. I'm still trembling."  

"Haha. I'm glad you enjoyed it."  

I was about to write a reply when I sensed someone approach me. Full of dread, I slowly looked up to see my ancient teacher, Mrs. Billiter, looking over her glasses accusingly at me.