|22|

The court was exactly 15minutes away and it is 11:30AM already. Lydia had forced me to let her and Louis tag along for moral support. Although, I didn't want Louis being dragged into any of this.

"I tried having a child with David."

"Really? What happened?" I ask.

"I lost it." She responds.

I gasp, surprised. "When?"

"When you left. I was broken. My bump was growing already."

"I am so sorry, Lydia. Oh, my God. I can't imagine how you must've felt."

"Don't. I wouldn't want you to. Anyway, thank you, for making me Louis' god mother. I'll never take it for granted."

I stretch my hand towards her from the drivers seat. I wanted to give her reassurance. Louis and I would always be her family and be with her.

**

We'd arrived at the court. I get down along with Lydia and Louis. Luckily, Louis' sleeping already.

"You've got this." Lydia says, as she squeezes my palm. I nod and caress my son's hair.

We enter the court. Attorney Jean-Ann is waiting by the corridor. "I was almost panicking, but I remembered you're not one to arrive late."

"Yes, that's very apt. We have just five minutes left."

"Let's go in." She says. She pauses, "Are they with you?"

I nod, "Yes."

"That's your son?"

"That's him." I say, proud to call myself Louis' mother.

Jean-Ann smiles. "You have to tell his nanny though, he can't cry once the court's in session. She must quickly take him out." I'm about to respond, and tell her that Lydia wasn't Louis nanny, but Lydia beats me to it.

"Have you ever seen a nanny wear a £3000 Burberry blouse? Lydia Jackson. I'm his god mother."

"Heh." I respond.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I just thought. . .It was my mistake. I apologize."

****

The court session had officially begun. I was seated by the right side, and Lucas by the left. He had two lawyers.

"All rise, The court is now in session. Judge Lahey Adams presiding. Please, be seated." The bailiff says.

Judge Lahey speaks, "Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I am calling the case between Natalie Devaux Richardson Versus. Lucas Carrington. Are both sides present and ready?"

Jean-Ann responds to the question. "Yes, your honor. Ready for my client, Natalie Richardson."

Luke's lawyer responds, "Yes, your honor. Present and ready for defense."

Judge Lahey speaks, "Will the clerk please swear in the jury?"

The jurors are sworn in. Lucas and I exchange looks.

Jean-Ann gets up and walks to the front, facing the judge. "Your honor, the jury and the ladies and gentlemen of this court. My client," She points at me. She continues, "Has accused the defendant, Lucas Carrington, of attempted rape and sexual assault. Mind you, both parties were formerly husband and wife. The evidence presented by both the police, eye witnesses and my client, show that indeed, Mr. Carrington here, did try to rape my client and forcefully engage in sexual acts with her. Therefore, the defendant, is guilty as charged." She says and walks back to sit beside me. She nods and smiles at me.