Chapter 22

OMG SOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. Please read the authors note at the end! It will explain why I couldn't update! {I'm making this chapter long for you guys!}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gavin's POV

I had just woken up, and was looking down at the sleeping form in my arms. Crystal looked so relaxed under the spell of sleep. As I slowly detached myself from her, my father mind linked me.

'Son, get down here in my office now'

'Yes father'

I quickly got dressed, quietly, as not to wake my sleeping mate. I jogged down the halls to his office, and slipped in. My father looked up from the file he was reading, and motioned for me to sit down. He cleared his throat.

"Son, I wanted to tell you that tonight, at the ceremony, I'm going to pass down the Alpha title to you."

I stared at him dumb-founded. He's just joking right?

"No Gavin, I'm not joking."

Damn. How did he know that? I hadn't said it out loud right? He sighed.

"Gavin, did you forget how to put up walls for the mind link already?

Damn it. My father chuckled. I made a mental note to put a wall in between the mind link.

"I wan't you and Crystal to be ready for this. No pressure right?"

"No pressure."

I put up the wall. No pressure? No PRESSURE?! No pressure my ass! With a nod of his head, he dismissed me. I stood up and walked back to mine/Crystal's room. She was still asleep. I gently shook her shoulder. A groan. That's what I got.

"Come one Crystal. Wake up I have to talk to you about some things."

Another groan. One of her eyes peeked open to look at me, when they closed again.

"Go away. I'm tired."

"Yeah well, get up, or I will have Ashley come in here with a bucket of ice cold water."

She groaned. Again. For the third time.

"Alright, alright! I'm getting up! No need to start threatening my health."

I chuckled as she untangled herself from the sheets and sat up. A glare was shot my way.

"What's going on?"

"Sam and Ashley need to help you get ready for tonight. Tonight, my dad is passing the Alpha title to me."

Her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.

"What?"

I sighed.

"Yep."

"Wha-? B-b-but when did this happen?"

"This morning."

She stifled a yawn.

"Oh alright. Bring them in."

~~~~~~30 minutes 'till the ceremony~~~~~

Crystal's POV

"Crystal! Stop moving! You'll ruin your hair!"

I rolled my eyes at Sam.

"Done!"

I opened my eyes to see Sam grinning like a proud mother. I looked down at my reflection and gasped. My bangs on the left side were pinned back and my hair fell in wavy cascades. Sam had even done my makeup. It was simple eye liner with mascara. I had on orange-red lipstick.