Chapter 1

My name is Crystal Goodwater and I'm a werewolf. So try to not freak out OK?

I have long wavy blonde hair with caramel highlights. I have stunning ice blue eyes (and no I'm not shallow that's just what people have told me) I have ruby red lips (again other people have told me that) and I'm about 5'9 so I'm pretty tall for my age. Oh I almost forgot I'm 17 and in my senior year of high school.

I now live in Coldspring Texas with my aunt Caroline and her son John ( he is the same age as me 17) and today I start my first day at Coldsrping High (yah!) (not really)

I'm in my blue Honda Civic driving into the parking lot. I step out and immediately notice every body staring at me. I'm about to duck my head and run inside when this really perky girl jumps in front of me.

"Hi you must be new here. My name is Samantha but every body calls me Sam. What's your name?"

"Crystal"

"Ooooo Crystal that's a really pretty name. It matches your eyes. I'm going to show you around. Then I'll show you where your locker is m-kay?"

"OK?"

"Perfect! Come on this way!"

I swear I have NEVER met any body as perky as her before. So after we found my locker and I put all my stuff in it, she suddenly squeals,

"Yah!!!!!! We have the exact same schedule!"

I groan inwardly. This was going to be a long year. Our first class was math so I made my way to that class with Sam (who was jumping up and down up and down)

"Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Your giving me a headache jumping up and down. Please stop."

"Oh OK."

Immediately I felt bad but then she started talking like, a lot. So I knew she was fine. When we made it to the class room she sat down and told me no one was right next to her so I sat down there. But I was beginning to see why no one would sit right there.

"Our teacher is Mr. Strict. But don't worry he's not that bad."

Suddenly Mr. Strict walked looked at Sam and says,

"Hello dear."

"Hi daddy!"

I look at her.

"He's your dad!?!"

But I said that quietly.

"Yep! Why? Does that surprise you?"

Not really. But I would have answered except the bell rang. My first day woopy. I can't wait for the last day any more. I didn't really pay attention in class but I knew my grades wouldn't suffer I was already good at this stuff from my old school. The bell rang again. I put my stuff away and just as I was a bout to get up, Sam grabs my arm and says,

"Hurry! We won't make it to our next class in time if we don't hurry!"

I groan inwardly again

"Let's go!!!"

"I'm hurrying! Calm down!"

"Oh sorry."

She giggled. This year is going to be way to long. We ran to our next class, health. My least favorite class. Again no one sat by Sam (shocker!) so I did. Again I didn't pay attention because I all ready new this. The bell rang and as I put my stuff away Sam grabs my arm and says,

"Hurry!"

I laughed.

"I'm hurrying as fast as I can!"

Next period or should I say, periods, we had English and I sat by Sam (you know why) and she told me that this is her moms class. Yah! Good for me! Not. Again I didn't listen in class. So the when the bell rang none of us did anything waiting for the bell to ring for 4 period. When it rang the class went by fast and when the bell rang again, saying 4 period was over, I sighed. Finally now I can eat!

I got my stuff together fast and it turns out this was the one time I didn't have to hurry.

"Come on Crystal! It's lunch time!!!"

"Great. I am soooooo hungry!"

We walk into the cafeteria and grab our food. I grabbed a salad and an apple. Sam grabbed a burger and fries. When she noticed I had a salad, she blushed, and said oops. We payed for our stuff and walked to a table. As I was about to start eating I felt some one staring at me, some one important. I felt shivers go down my spine I turned to see who it was, and my heart stopped. The person staring at me was by far the most gorgeous guy ever to grace the earth. He had cinnamon colored wavy hair and had beautiful coffee colored eyes. He had full perfectly shaped lips. I felt my wolf wake up and what she said chilled me to the core "Mate."