Epilogue - 100th Hunger Games

All is now peaceful in District 12's Victor's Village. Nobody new goes in and nobody old moves out. Myself, Peeta, Rose, Haymitch and Effie keep to ourselves now and only intervene during public affairs such as the dreaded Hunger Games.

Rose is settling nicely into Secondary school and has big aspirations to be a nurse in the future, following the footsteps of the Everdeen girls (well all accept myself that is). We still hear her quiet sobs for her brother in her bedroom from time to time but we always try our best to give her the confort she needs.

As for Haymitch and Effie, I never thought I would say this but they are actually an item now. After all the time they have spent together over the last 30 or so years, they have developed a very strong bond for each other. Also after Haymitch's recent proposal during a picnic date in the meadow, they are due to get married in the spring just before the next games. Effie was thrown out of the Capitol and came to live with Haymitch in the Victor's Vilage due to her extensive communication with Haymitch and lack of respect to the President causing her to lose her job as escort too but when you ask her about it she will just reply "I've seen my 3 most favourite tributes through 4 hunger games and a rebellion, I'd rather not have the Capitol's luxuries than never see them again," which is quite surprising for Effie but if that's what she wants then I say she goes for it.

Finally as for myself and Peeta we are looking forward to a quiet life surrounded by the people we love the most. The nightmares and hijackings are starting to fade now but the memories will forever remain of the constant pain we have suffered through. But we are determined to take anything that is thrown at us as we are the most famous figures in Panem's history and we will not let them off that easily.

The Hunger Games are not something you can throw at people as if they chose this fate. No one would choose to die, especially not a young child. The around 2496 malicious murders during 100 years of the Capitol's Hunger Games will never be forgetten by the people in the Districts. No one could ever forgive the Capitol and many celebrate the day the MockingJay created hope for Panem and it's Districts. I may be in my 40s now but I am determinded to change this life for good. We should need to suffer for the pleasure of the Capitol. It's time to make them pay!