Taken

Katniss' POV

I watch the large screen in the Penthouse along with Peeta and Effie, hoping the best for Finn and he will make it out alive. 10...9...8 I hold onto Peeta's hand and fear the upcoming moments 7...6...5...4 I think to myself what I he isn't quick enough, what of he is outrun by some careers and killed?!

3...2...1... The horn goes off and the tributes make a break for it. Most of the children are too petrified to move giving Finn and great advantage to sprint head and grab several things before making his way into the deep forests that lay ahead. However I give a sigh of relief too soon just after Finn leaves the cornucopia a bunch of children finally find their confidence and sprint at little Harmony stabbing her straight in the heart before she falls to the ground...dead. I give out a little whimper before the screen carries on the rest of the final bloodbath. We have lost 4 out of 8 of our tributes today in just the bloodbaths alone, Madge, Dale, Selina and sweet little Harmony. But i'm so glad Finn has made it from the bloodbath but the worst is yet too come. After the bloodbaths the screen shows all the fallen through the districts there are 32 dead, 64 left and 16 to go until the dreaded twist revealed. I start to ask myself what could this twist be, what could they possibly do to make all this worst?! After the bloodbath there is not much to really see, Finn is safe and there is no action for the rest of the tributes from our district. We decide to just sit and discuss what we do next for the remaining four. "Well we have Harper-Lee, Kat, Charlie and of course Finn left so what do we do next?" I ask Peeta and Effie.

"Well we need to keep an eye out on their positions in the arena and make sure they do not need anything in the meantime." Effie says directing us in the right direction as this is our first time of mentoring for other tributes (not a thing we were intending to do after the rebellion but that's a matter not in our hands at this moment in time).

I turn to Peeta and whisper to him "I'll be back in a second" he gives a nod of his head before I kiss his forehead and leave the room. I walk into our bedroom and sit on the bed and think to myself before Effie comes in 5 minutes later. I have to hold back the tears as she sits herself next to me. "What if he doesn't make it and never comes back, what if he can't find Kat an Lucia, he maybe never see them again!" Effie puts her arm around me and pulls me into calm me.

"He'll be fine Katniss, he's going to make it out safely. He's a smart kid he'll know what to do if he gets into trouble and he know how to survive." She explains to me. We sit in silence for the next few minutes before we hear a noise of pots smashing in the other room where Peeta is at the moment.

"Flashback..." Is all I can say to Effie before running warily into the sitting room to help Peeta with his flashback. "PEETA!!" I scream without thinking, he is being dragged away unconscious by 2 peacekeepers, there is no blood but one is carrying 2 small injections, one empty and one full to the brim. I start to run towards Peeta trying to get him back and away from these people but it's no use. Before I can get to Peeta, a peacekeeper dives on top of me from behind and another injects the fluid into my arm. The last thing I see is Effie walking into the room giving the peacekeepers a nod, looking guilty as anything.
----------------------------------------------

Sorry the Chapter is so short I though I would leave it quote short and end this part with a bit of a cliff-hanger. I'll update soon! x