Never to be Seen Again

Rose's POV

I've loved every moment in my life being with my brother, mom and dad, not to mention Grandad Haymitch! He's extremely funny especially when he's drunk, stumbling around the house like a lost alien from another planet drunk on oxygen. But that's all gone now, Mom and Dad are stuck in the clutches of the quarter quell. Finn, the most amazing brother I could ever have but now he's gone I did not get the chance to say goodbye to him I loved him dearly but now that's all gone never to be seen again. Now all I have in the Capitol is a sober Haymitch keeping his eyes glued to the TV screen 24/7, watching mom and dad, a silent avox coming up to me constantly trying to bribe me with gifts I dont want and a comforting Effie Trinket, who much to my delight, tries her best to care for me and acts like a friend I never did have.

I decide today to leave the safety of my temporary bedroom to go and see Grandad Haymitch. As alway he was cooped up in the lounge, eyes glued to the TV screen, notebook out and scribbling away as a range of different events poped up on the screen. All Haymitch was interested in now was keeping my mom and dad alive, not just for the sake of my mother being the Mockingjay and no doubt the most powerful in the arena currently but for the sake of getting a great friend and precious mom back to us in District 12.

Ever since Finn died in the arena, I've spent all my time in my temporary room within the Capitol doing the only thing I can think of doing to pass the time, making a memory box dedicated to Finn's life. I ran into the dressing room and search through all of boxes of clothes and shoes until I found a small box, a roll of rainbow patterned wallpaper and a large roll of sellotape. I then ran straight back to my room, getting a questionning look from Effie and Haymitch as I passed, and shut the door tight. Once in my room I opened up the roll and wallpaper and cut it to size to fit on the box and sellotaped them together until the entire box was covered. Now it was time for the more difficult part. Many photographs and memories of Finn were back in our house within the Victor's Village of District 12, I had no chance of going back there at this point in the games therefore my only hope of completing this memory box was to ask Effie for some help. I cautiously unlocked my door, checking for avoxs as I did so and went out to find Effie who was most likely else where in the appartment. I looked into every room until I eventually found her in the TV room with Haymitch. "Effie?" I whispered as I silently emerged into the room. They both turned to look at me, a small smile on their faces.

"Yes honey, what is the matter?" She replies back.

"I would just like to know if you have any small pictures or little memories of Finn I could put into my memory box. Everything I have is in District 12." I sigh, hoping they will at least have 1 thing to put into my box. At that moment, there is a warming smile on Effie's face.

"That's a wonderful idea sweetheart, and I'm sure we have many thing to put in there." She says getting up and glacing at Haymitch before leading me out the room.

The next few hours are made up with myself and Effie aorting though 100s of pictures I never knew we had. There were many of myself and Finn, mom, dad, Finn and I and just general photos of Finn. By the time dinner came round the memory box was nearly full with many photos, charms and most importantly Finn's tiny golden Mockingjay pin that was a present from Mom and Dad before the games, exactly identical to my own. I kept it wrapped in a tiny silk bag, safe from the world's terrors Finn himself had faced. Tears then start to well up in my eyes at that point, I missed Finn so much and I really wanted Mom and Dad back. Luckily Effie was there as always providing me confort and hope.

"Don't worry my little Rose, mommy and daddy are tough, they can survive this and if they no one can."