Reunited

We watch as the hovercraft breaks through the trees and lowers a ladder down to us. Our freedom is only minutes away. We climb from the cave first Kat, then me followed by Katniss. The ladder comes to a stop in front of us and one by one we climb us leaving the depths of the arena and many tragic deaths behind us. When I reach the hovercraft and I am immediately guided to a seat and carefully strapped in, minding my shoulder in the process. When Katniss eventually reaches the top, the ladder is pulled in, the doors shut, and she sits next to me as we begin the journey back to the Capitol. The journey is long, uneventful, and silent. The three of us, each to our own endless and torturing thoughts of the last few weeks. Each wondering near enough the same thing; what happens next? Katniss and I have been in the games enough times to know the answer to this question but that was before the Rebellion 2.0 in which we were the leaders causing all hell to break lose and the elimination of Panem's 'honourable' president. But all of this seems to be crowding my mind with one other recurring question; how are we going to explain the current situation to our other precious daughter Rose? She has been left alone with only the company of Effie and Haymitch for at least 1 1/2 months now and if anything, now is the time that she needs answers. But what do we say to her? How do we break the terrible news of her brother's death to an 11-year-old girl? That is the one area I'm no use in whatsoever. "Katniss, what do we say to Rose?" I ask in a hushed voice being careful not to let anyone else hear.

"I... I have no idea. She'll know able Finn already no doubt about that but only the ghastly rumours of the Capitol nothing more. I suggest we tell her the truth, the whole truth because if anyone she needs to know what really did happen that night." Katniss suggests. I give her a slight smile and a small kiss on the cheek just as the hovercraft goes silent and the seat belts click open signifying our arrival back in the Capitol. Within an instant, medics flood onto the hovercraft and before I know it, I'm being wheeled off on a bed in heaps of pain away from Katniss and Kat. They take me into a bright white tiled room full of equipment, tubes, and liquids. However, before I can ask any questions, a Capitol doctor comes towards me with a needle full of clear liquid and injects it into my arm. My vision begins to blur and within a few seconds I am blacked out unaware of the people working frantically around me.

Rose's POV

At long last, the day has come. The day I am reunited with my parents. I am nervous but excited at the same time. What will they say to me? What should I do? Have the games changed them as they had done may times before? At this moment I can't tell but that moment is fast approaching as Effie, Haymitch and dozens of peacekeepers escort us to an enclosed room beside the training room. I am lead inside and ushered to a large sofa in the corner of the room with Effie and Haymitch sitting together on a smaller sofa opposite me. We are left to wait for another 10 - 15 minutes before there are slight murmurs outside the door and several camera crews flood in closely followed by my mother and father. I rush towards them, and I am enclosed in their arms. I am relieved to finally have them back and not need to worry about losing them anymore. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes but try to blink them away as a feel the deadly stare of the Capitol camera digging in back. I am then sat back on the sofa, beside my mother and father while they complete a TV interview. Occasionally I am brought into the conversation regarding my thoughts and feelings. I don't particularly want to share my deepest thoughts, but the choice isn't mine to choose to this moment.

Once the interview is completed everyone leaves the room, apart from myself, Mom, Dad, Effie, and Haymitch. All remains silent until Mom eventually speaks. "Rose, I'm sorry about what happened to your brother. Your father and I want to let you know that we are both here for you if you need to chat. Okay?" She has a tear in her eye and pulls me and Peeta into an embrace in an effort to hide it.

"I know Mom, I know." I reply.

"Let's go back up to the penthouse, shall we? Get something to eat before the final interviews begin." Effie suggests. We all stand and slowly make our way upstairs in the elevator, with me staying close to my Mom and Dad the entire time.