The Special Twist Revealed

When I wake up all I see is many people asleep on random beds dots around the room. Peeta is waking up on the bed a few metres away from me, I've finally found him after yesterday's events. I get out the bed and walk over to him, but as I reach the point where Peeta and my beds are touching there is something blocking the way. Glass. Why would they do this? I give a desperate look round the room everyone is enclosed by these invisible glass barriers and when I turn back round to Peeta he clearly looks like he is going to cry but is holding back to tears.

I have no idea how many are left in the games, how our tributes from 12 are doing and most importantly how Finn is no one will tell me anything, well that is until a few minutes later when a small TV screen lights up on the glass in front of me. All the tributes who died in the pass day show up 16 have died, which now means... oh no THE TWIST! How can I help Finn and the other through the twist when i'm not even there! I must do something but what I can't do anything while I'm stuck in this room alone and separated from the ones I love. The screen then brings up an important message broadcasted to the whole of Panem, this should be the all important special twist all I'm hoping is it is not that bad I need it to be something that won't hurt Finn as much because Peeta and I can't do anything. President Paylor walks onto the podium and begins the announcement.

"Hunger Games and May the Odds be Ever in your Favour!" She begins with a cheerful tone to get the crowds going. "As you all know 48 are now dead over 3 weeks, leaving 48 remaining, but now is the time to bring in that all important special twist. This twist has been taken from the box of Quarter Quells put aside before the second dreadful rebellion." She reaches for the white envelope sealed with a red patterned stamp marked 100th on the front. "The special twist for the 100th Hunger Games will be..." I take in a deep breath and looking over to Peeta before looking back at the screen. "24 more tributes will be placed into the current arena but these won't be any old tributes these tributes will be this years current Mentors!" Paylor ends with a devilish look at the screen most likely aimed at myself and Peeta. I don't know what to do or say. There is no Peeta for comfort, no one to talk to, just me. Peeta is in the corner of his room curled up in a ball crying. I run to the bed crying, pulling the blankets over my head, trying to block out the terrible things that awaited me.

Peeta's POV

"The special twist for the 100th Hunger Games will be..." I see Katniss looking over at me, I still can't figure out who i'm here and when I can finally have my Katniss back in my arms. I concentrate on the TV screen and wait for my family's fate to be told. "24 more tributes will be placed into the current arena but these won't be any old tributes these tributes will be this years current Mentors!"

No...NOOO!! Why is it the odds are never in Katniss & my favour. Now there's minimum chance all 3 of us can live. I try to think of a plan but no thing comes to me. So curl up into the corner of my room and burst into tears. After I few hours of crying, my eyes are stinging and my face is stained with tears. Then without notice, I hear 3 loud alarms going off. I get up to my feet and see Katniss and all the other Mentors walking around looking very startled at the sudden noises. I walk up to the glass not taking my eyes off Katniss and press myself up against the glass. At that moment the alarms stop and the glass suddenly disappears and I fall face-first to the floor.

"Peeta!" Katniss runs up to me, helps me onto the bed and puts her arms around me. She is shaking more than ever.

"Are you okay?" She asks me.

"Yes, but to be honest I'm more worried about you at the moment." I reply. She jumps into my arms and bursts into tears. "it's okay Kat, Haymitch will help us out if this and this way we can protect Finn too, at least we know he is alive still." I try to calm her down, an once I do we lie on the bed together in silence until there is a loud bang and many peace-keepers come into the room snatching Katniss and I apart and escorting us away. Why is it that every time Katniss and I are having some sort of quality time together the Capitol comes along and takes it away from us. I will never understand the Capitol... Never.

We are lead down a large corridor, all the other mentors also in front if us being escorted by 2 peace-keepers each. Katniss is also in front of me so at least I know she is unhurt. When we get to the end of the corridor there is a bright light and we are wax individually put into a glass cylinder like the ones that transported us into the Hunger Games, except this one didn't take us into the hunger games for now, it lifted all 24 of us onto a decorated stage with President Paylor just behind us still standing where she was while announcing the twist. There is a loud cheer from the crowd and some of the mentors start to wave, except Katniss and I would look so annoyed which was most expected from is seen as though we stopped the games a few years ago already!

Anyway once we had stood there for around 2 minutes we were lifted back down and taken off to the prep teams of our own tributes to be done up for the mentor's parades, once again I'm separated from Katniss and it breaks my heart not being able to see her.