Mentor's Training

The next day we wake up bright and early for one specific reason, there is an overview of the first 1/2 of the games this morning. Now is our chance to see if Finn is still alive and how he is within the games. I curl up on the sofa next to Peeta along with Rose sitting on Haymitch's lap and Effie next to him. The screen turns on to show Casear Flickerman greeting us all happy and golly, oh I really hate that man SO much now! He starts off by running a quick overview of last night's mentor's parade and how the stylists very made an amazing effort in the costumes this year. Then he moves onto saying a list of all the remaining 48 tributes within the games. The list seems never-ending as they go through the constant list of tributes starting at 1 and ending with 12. "What if he's you know...dead?" I whisper to Peeta.

"Don't worry he'll be fine." Peeta assures me but I don't think even he is as confident as he makes out. Caesar soon gets to district 12 going from oldest to youngest. He starts by showing a picture of Harper-Lee, unfortunately Madge, Dale and Selina didn't survive. Next the screen turns to Kat, I let out a slight sigh as surely if she is alive then there's a good chance Finn will be with her by it's not certain. There's only 1 more face to be shown now and I only know that Charlie and Finn survived the bloodbath from the last few tributes. Caesar leaves a slight pause for the last tribute and I bury me head into Peeta not wanting to let anyone see my reaction if it not Finn.

"And the finally remaining tribute for the 100th Huger Games is Finn Mellark!" Caesar says in a sarcastic voice clearly still hates Finn and our family but who care FINN'S ALIVE! I lift my head purely excited as it shows Finn sitting in the cave alone with many supplies. At this point the screen goes off and we have some breakfast while discussing the happiness of Finn's survival.

After breakfast we are taken down to the training centre where we will get one training session for the games as we are mentors and we will be judged later this afternoon. Once we get into the training centre we are immediatly let loose to train. Peeta and I go straight for the plants station and later on move onto the camoflage station. As we already are quite good with weaponry we only have a brief session of it to start with just to get used to the weapons again and then start again at plants. "So Peeta this is nightlock and you must not eat these at all costs they kill you instantly. Also these are chokeberriesand these will temperoly kill you for an hour max, they can be very rare though." Peeta nods his head as we go through all the individual plants and by lunch we have finished with every plant and even had time to do so rope tying after. Lunch was very tense though. We all sat at the same large table, Peeta and I at one end and going up in districts with the Careers on the other end.

"So Catnip, how's my daughter I hope you haven't set that lunatic son up to kill her or something!" At this point all the other Careers burst out laughing so much they have tears in their eyes. Everything then happened in a blur after that all I can remember is Peeta getting up and running across the other side of the room for something and then getting a hard clip around the head by a large metal object of somesort. Next thing I know I'm lying in bed within the district 12 penthouse surrounded by Haymitch, Effie and Rose but no sight of Peeta.

"Where's Peeta?" I ask trying to sit up but being lay back down gently by Haymitch.

"He's in his room, quite a blow to the head you got there but you'll be okay, the one thing we need to remember is the Capitol could do much worst to him after committing physical violence towards one of the other tributes." Haymitch explains getting up to leave the room "The games begin for you tomorrow morning, and your evaluation session was missed so they just gave you a rough guess of a 10 so I guess I'll see you in the morning."

"But can't I see Rose or Peeta?" I ask Haymitch desperately, all I get is the door slammed as Haymitch and Effie leaves and the door locked from the outside locking me away from the world outside, my daughter and my loving husband. Instantly I run up to the door banging on it as much as I can until my hands start to bleed from the starches from the metal door. After several hours of trying to get someone's attention within the Penthouse I eventually give and retire to my bed, this may be the last good night sleep I get in a VERY LONG TIME.