Brutal Murder

Peeta's POV

We trudge along towards the cave, knife to my neck, blood trickling down my neck and my beautiful Katniss being dragged along carelessly behind us. I can't help but think about what Gale is going to do to us and I doubt it will be just take his daughter, our supplies and go. It just wouldn't be. I can't stop thinking about how I can get Gale off our trail but nothing comes to mine when I see the glimpse the cave opening and know it's all over. "Finally he it is! Time for some fun I think!" Gale cries full of laughter and cheer. I swear I can hear the terrible laughter of Jessie behind me too. We reach the opening of the cave and we all hear the sound of silent whispers coming from within. Gale gives a wide grin along with Jessie and storms into the cave startling Finn, Lucia and Kat. I let out a cry of pain as he digging the knife in further creating a large red split in my neck before tying Katniss and me to a nearby branch spiralling in and out of the cave. "Now where shall we start?" Gale smirks glancing over at Katniss who is now starting to awake. "Hmmm what to do?" He repeats twirling a knife around in his hand.

"Dad, what are you doing here? What do you want?" Kat questions glaring at her dad in horror.

"Well it's simple really my dear daughter, I've come along with my trusty ally Jessie on my quest to become a trust victor and well you are my daughter so it's only fair you share the glory too. Well and steal all the Mellark's supplies too I suppose." Gale explains just as Katniss wakes up and takes in everything around her.

"Gale, what's going on? Why are we tying up?" Katniss murmurs and then turning to Peeta and gasps. "PEETA! Gale what have you done let us go now!"

"I could but NO! I WANT MY DAUGHTER! NOW!!" Gale screams right up to Katniss' face making her cringe. In the meanwhile I see Lucia reaching for her throwing knifes from the corner. Posed to throw them right at Gale's head. I fall silent, eyes wide and nudging Katniss until eventually she sees and produces the same reaction.

"LUCIA! NO!!" I scream at the top as my voice as she launches herself at Gale. He turns a hugh smile on his face and glances towards Jessie. It all goes so fast after that. Jessie grabs a sword from her sheath and swinging it right into Lucia's chest. She puts it back into to the sheath, laughter making the best of her as she watches Lucia fall to the ground in a pool of her own blood. We all stare in shock as the cannon goes off signalling Lucia's death. Tears start to fall down Kat and Finn's faces. They've lost a great friend that never could be replaced. "Why Gale, why?" I sigh shaking my head at him.

"Shut it Bread Boy! Unless you want the same?" Gale shouts, but Peeta shakes his head immediately. "Thought so, right then so back to the matter in hand. My Daughter NOW!" Kat walks over and sits beside Katniss and me, lowers her head and shakes it in shame.

"Why dad, why?" Kat mutters.

"Kat, I need to win this and I want you to win it with me too, please Kat you need to come within me." Gale sighs.

"But Dad we both know we can't both win we're from different districts they won't allow it. It just can't be done." Kat explains catching a glimpse of Finn grabbing his bow and an arrow but no one else actually noticing.

"We could bend the rules, Katniss and Peeta did it in the 74th Hunger Games, why can't we do it now?" Gale pleads.

"Dad that was 25 years ago plus there's been a rebellion since then and a new president. They won't change the rules now and make that mistake aga..." Kat says being cut off by a blood-curdling scream. We all turn to see Finn bow still in his grip and he looked shocked as he looks down to see Jessie with a arrow in her head. Everyone gasps especially Katniss. Gale is the worst of all. Finn drops the bow to the ground and tries to run away but it's too late. Gale turns and grabs Finn by the hair as the 2nd cannon goes off. Gale grips Finn by the neck but pauses to look over at Katniss and me. Katniss is near crying and all I can do is sit there in silence.

"Gale, no please not my boy, no, no, NO!" Katniss pleads. "Gale you can have your daughter just take her, please don't hurt Finn. Think of Rose back at home she'll be heart-broken to lose her brother. Not to mention myself and Peeta think about how that will affect us. PLEASE!" Gale loosens his grip on Finn slightly and looks over to Kat.

"Grab your things Kat we're leaving, ASAP!" Gale says as Kat rushes over to the supplies and grabs her backpack, spear and Jessie's supplies too. "Good right then, I suppose we're done here then, Kat you go I'll catch up in a minute." Gale adds.

"Okay Dad, bye Katniss, Peeta, Finn!" Kat calls as she leaves the cave waving. Gale turns back to us tightening his grip back on Finn.

"So what now, do I or don't I kill Finn and you two too. Hmmm that's a very hard decision. Don't you think Peeta?"

"Gale you can't kill Finn please we need him..." Peeta pauses and then adds "Kill me, don't kill Finn, kill me I've lived a good life I only have Katniss, Finn and Rose left to live for, nothing else. Kill me!" I try to reason with Gale until he finally draws his sword and turns still gripping onto Finn with one hand but now I'm his target. Katniss is crying along with Finn trying to get Gale to stop. He's sword gleams in the summer sunlight as he raising it to my chest. I close my eyes just before Gale strikes the body with the sword. I hear a horrible scream in the cave but feel no pain. Is this what death feels like? I open my eyes but to my surprise there is no blood on me. Katniss is screaming looking towards the small limp body lay on the floor covered from head to toe in blood and lay motionless. Gale is no where to be seen. He had betrayed us, he hadn't killed me, he hadn't killed Katniss. The small lifeless body that lie on the floor of the cave was our little Finn. No longer the cheeky little child we'd loved and cared for the whole of their life, just another victim of the dreadful Hunger Games. Changed by the horrible reign of the Capitol and taken away from us forever. Katniss screams beside me tears pouring down her face as the cannon sounds for Finn. I try to undo myself from the grasp of the rope with success, triggering more blood to trickle down my neck in a small amount and instantly go to undo Katniss. She leaps into my arms and whispers,

"Why Peeta, why did they take him, he was too young to die, my one and only son dead, taken by the ravenous Capitol forever!" I stay silent as we walk over to Lucia and careful pick her up and carry her outside to rest. We then throw Jessie body out without a care in the world but retrieve the arrow just incase. Finally we pick up our Finn and rest him outside the cave. We collect many primroses, lavenders and daisies from the nearby valley and place them careful around Finn just like Katniss had done with Rue in the 74th Games. We sing her little lullaby to him and watch as the hovercraft comes to collect first Lucia and then Jessie and leave. Another separate hovercraft comes soon after to take our little Finn away from us forever.

"Goodbye Finn," I think to myself. "We'll always love you forever and ever. We'll never forget you our beautiful little boy."