Goodbye Capitol, Hello District 12

The crowds surrounded us as we prepared to depart from the livin hell we have been cooped up in for the last few months. Everyone is screaming and cheering for us to stay but right now there is one place we all want to be, back in district 12. We boarded the train and did not look back as the door fasten shut, separating us from the cruel act of Capitol. "Katniss, Peeta, Kat I know you really won't want to do this but remember your manners and wave to the crowd please." Effie reminds us and we step into the balcony at the back of the train and wave to the crowds and giving fake smiles as we leave the station. Before long we are in the twilight countryside rapidly sppeeding along towards our final destination. Kat sits watching the world go by in the darkness of the train sitting room therefore myself, Peeta and Rose going into our bedroom and change into some warm pjs before climbing into bed with Rose cuddled up between us.

"Mom, what's going to happen when we get home?" Rose asks in a whisper.

"Well,we are going to go back to our own home, and have a little send off for Finn and sort things out at home. That's all really." I reply to her.

"I love you mum, I love you dad." She mumbles as she falls asleep between us.

"We love you too Rose." Peeta and I whisper in reply smiling towards her. We sit quietly for a while and eventually carry Rose to bed, leaving us alone in our bedroom.

"So what does happen now?" Peeta asks.

"When we get back we will sort through Finn's things box up the precious memories and store them. I'll go and pick some flowers from the gardens and you can prepare a small picnic for us all and we can give Finn a proper send off enclosed in the victors village with Rose, Effie and Haymitch." I explain to him.

"Sounds like a great idea," Peeta says cuddling into me until we eventually both fall asleep.

The next day we are just passing through the suburbs of District 10 on the way to 12 as we awake. We quickly get changed into a  red and white jumper with a black skater skirt, black tights, grey boots, red coat and a gray scarf for me and a white shirt, black trousers, grey shoes and grey blazer for Peeta and give Rose a pale pink dress with pale tights, white pumps, and a pale pink coat. We meet for a quick breakfast, Kat was still quite quiet but she doesn't really talk to us anymore especially as she must spend another few years at the children's home until she can move into victors village as she rejected the offer to move in with us. We eat some warm toast for breakfast and we go off to brush our teeth as we pull up into the train station in 12. We rush to the opening on the train and await for the doors to open greeting us with the crowds of District 12. Peeta and I linked hands with Rose in Haymitch's arms beside Effie and Kat standing infront. When the doors open the crowds cheer and we wave like crazy with a genuine smile on my face pleased to see the many known faces from 12. We step off the train and are automatically escorted by peacekeepers to the cars in which we were separated from Kat who went in another direction with her social worker to the children's home. I felt sorry for her but if she doesn't want to live with myself and Peeta she has no choice but to return back there. I stayed cuddled into Peeta during the journey to the Victor's Village and then Peeta asked,
"Katniss, what did President Paylor say to you as we left the stage? You seemed pretty outraged and upset by it."
"She said I will never defeat her and she is better than me. Told me to stop trying to overthrow her or else the MockingJay will be destroyed forever." I sniff.
"Just ignore her, look how far we have got and changed this country slightly. We must live with it, think of Rose." Peeta replies.
"Suppose so," I finish.

The car drives us to the Victors village and we all quickly rush inside our home to prepare for Finn's send off. Finn's body had already been buried in the victors village as requested in he centre of the gardens beside the fountain. So we prepared for tbe send off by Peeta making a picnic with Effie, Haymitch and Rose while I busied myself in the meanwhile. I walk upstairs and go into Finn's bedroom. All his belongings were still in the same place as they were on that morning of the reaping. Beside his pillow is his teddy bear he had been given when he was a baby and has had it even since. I pick up the bear and hold it to my chest, it still smelt like Finn bringing back many happy memories of his life. I feel tears welling up in my eyes as I slide to the floor against the wall, hiding away from everyone. I sit crying for the next 10 minutes wishing my little boy could be back in my arms forever. That's when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and enter our bedroom briefly and then come into the children's room. "Oh Katniss, honey, it's okay," Peeta says sitting next to me and pulling me in. "I know."

"How could they take him like that, he was only a young 7 year old boy, how could they live with themselves for doing this?" I sob.

"I don't know Katniss, but all we can do now is going and say goodbye to Finn." Peeta says helping me up. We go outside and walk the few metres to where Finn's grave lay. We say a few words, myself, Peeta and Rose crying at some points and then find a dry part on the grass and lay down a rug to have the smal picnic prepared for us. Once the picnic had been eaten anyone returned inside, all except me. I knelt beside Finn's grave for a while and did the only thing I could do to say goodbye to Finn, singing his lullaby I would sing to him and Rose every night.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.
Lay down your head, and close your eyes.
And when they open the sun will rise.
Here it's safe, and here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.
Here is the place where I love you."

I then pick a a tulip from the gardens beside the house and place it in front of Finn's head stone. "Goodbye Finn, Mummy will always remember you." I say and with that I walk back to the house just as the snows begins to fall in the shaodws of the Victor's Village in District 12.

_______________________________________________________________
And there we go everyone, that is end of the 100th Hunger Games! I have so much fun writing this fan-fiction and my first official book on Wattpad.
I would just like to thanks of of my amazing followers including
@RossWar12 @livvy_lou @Puppylover128 and @Conzyy
for all the support you have given my throughout the book and also to everyone else who has voted, commented, shared or added this book to libraries and reading lists. I am so grateful to you all.
I'm hopefully going to begin writing a new book soon so please look out for that and thanks again to everyone who has supported me in the writing of this book. ☺