vi.

- - -
as doctors, we know everybody's secrets. their medical histories. sexual histories. confidential information that is as essential to a surgeon as a ten-blade, and every bit as dangerous.
- - -

"i'm going for sexy, but not slutty. smart, but not boring," arizona tells chloe as she stands in her en suite doorway, motioning to the dress she's wearing.

"hmm," chloe eyes her best friend up and down as she stands beside her bed, wearing sweats, holding a glass of wine. "it's a little... pta mom bake sale."

"really?" arizona furrows her brow, looking down at her attire as she proceeds into chloe's bedroom.

"yeah. who is this girl?" chloe asks, heading into her bathroom to pick out the other outfit choices arizona had brought with her. "you like her? is she cute?"

"she asked me out on a date," arizona shrugs, standing in front of chloe's mirror as chloe holds various dresses up to her.

"she's here," chloe gasps as her doorbell sounds out, and she throws the dresses down onto the bed beside arizona.

"would you please... just- just tell her i'll be down in a second," arizona motions towards chloe's bedroom door.

"all right," chloe nods, leaving her bedroom and proceeding downstairs, which is when the doorbell rings again. "coming!"

however, to chloe's surprise, when she opens the door, instead of seeing arizona's mystery woman, she finds mark clutching a bottle of wine.

"hey," he greets.

"hey," chloe smiles, but her brow is furrowed with utter confusion.

"i was in the area, and thought you'd want to join me for a drink," mark smirks, holding the bottle of wine out to her. "want to join me?"

"you're a little bit drunk," chloe observes, her lips tugging into an amused grin.

"and you too could be a little bit drunk," mark offers out the bottle of wine again.

"you're drunk and flirty. go away," chloe shakes her head as she goes to shut the door, but mark pushes it back to keep it open.

"or i could come in and we could actually get to know one another outside of work," mark suggests. "you're attracted to me. you admitted it."

"yeah. well, i'm not attracted to you anymore. good night, mark," chloe actually shuts the door on him this time, shaking her head as she processes what just happened.

"you're attracted to me right now," mark calls through the door, and chloe scoffs, whilst also laughing.

she nods after a moment, and turns back around to reopen the door. keeping one hand on the door, she leans toward mark who smirks, thinking she may kiss him again. but as she nears him, she uses her free hand to snatch the bottle of wine from his hand before stepping back and swinging the door shut again.

"what did you do with my date?" arizona asks from the bottom of the staircase, having just witnessed chloe shutting the front door.

"that wasn't your date," chloe shakes her head, as she leans back against the front door. "that was my date. my unsuitable, flirty, drunk, oh, so attractive date."