Chapter 17

Amberlynns POV

I woke up alone, what a surprise. I walk out of the cell and see a Woodbury girl talking to Carl. Oh girl imma kill you understood. He's mine get away from him. I just turned and grabbed a granola bar and started eating. Glenn ran up to me and took my food "Glenn do you want to die?!" I yelled running after him "I will punch you in your throat if you don't give me my food!" I slowed. "Screw it Glenn keep it!" I walked past Carl and the girl, "Hey fag." I told Carl walking by "Wassup whore?" He said laughing "Nothing much just being a whore." I laugh see "Ya around imma go pick on Daryl."
*
*
*
The same girl Carl was talking to came up to me. "Hi I'm Ember Heart." I look up "Amberlynn Dixon." Ember sat next to me. "I saw how you looked at Carl earlier." I shrug "Yeah so." "So he's mine, so I would like if you would keep your wondering eyes to yourself." I smile a bit "He's not yours, you know that." Ember put her knife to my throat and pushed me to stand up. "He is mine." I slap the knife from her hand and push her up against the wall by her throat " Listen here psychotic bitch. If anything he's mine, pull a knife on me again I'll kill you myself. Understood?" Ember nodded I dropped her to the floor and walked to the guard tower where Glenn is I want to keep watch tonight.
*
*
*
I was playing with my knife to pass time when Carl grabbed both my shoulders. Carl busted into this big laughing fiasco "Haha! Carl! Shut the hole in your face!" He tried to stop. "Oh...my.....god....yo....u.....we...re...sca..red." Carl said catching his breath "Yeah I get it, it's funny." he settled down a bit. And say with me "So what's Amberlynn Dixon doing up here shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep?" I wink "I don't need beauty sleep. I'm already beautiful." It was quite for a moment until Carl broke the silence "Ember swears up and down you told her you'd kill her and said she was a psychotic bitch. And that you pinned her against a wall by her neck. Is that true?" I turn "Yeah it is, what are you gonna kick me out too." Carl cocked his head "Whyd you do it?" "Because she said to stay away from you. That you were hers, and I know your not. And she left out the part where I said if anything you'd be mine didn't she?" Carl looked at me "You said that?" I stood up "I'm going to get Glenn he'll take watch tonight." Carl looked at me with wild eyes "Oh yeah I'll tell Ember she can go bunk with you I'll go bunk some where else."
*
*
*
I sat on the bleachers of the prison watching the night. Maybe this is how things are supposed to be, me being alone. Being with people slow me down. I thought it through Im going to leave. I stood up grabbed my stuff and turned toward the gates to leave when I heard screaming from where I stood at the gates. I turn back around to run into Maggie "Where are you going?!" "I'm leave Maggie. Maybe it's better that I'm alone in the world." Maggie pulled me into a hug "Is this because of Carl?" I nod tearing up "More like what's going on between Carl and Ember." Maggie turned to Glenn "Get Carl." Maggie then sat me down back on a bleachers. "Tell me what happened." "Well I saw the two together and was a little jealous, then Ember came into my cell and said Carls hers and to stay away from him. She pulled a knife on my I flipped and held her against the wall by her neck and said if anything Carls mine and if she pulls a blade on my again ill personally kill her." I turn my head once I hear my name being yelled. Carl pulled me off the bleachers and into his arms, he held me tight and started crying. "You tried leaving again. I'm sorry your not meant to be alone. There's nothing going on between me and Ember I promise. I'm sorry." I started crying and wrapped my arms around Carl "It's fine Carl it's fine." Ember came out of her cell block yelling "What did I tell you stay away from my boyfriend!" I let go of Carl "Your crazy!" I yelled Ember came up to me and tried to shoot me with her gun. "I'm done." I kicked the gun from her hand and pulled her to the fence by her hair, I threw her over and walked back to the three "Nobody knows about this."