Chapter 6

I rubbed my wrist while Carl carried me back to our cell. "Here Ya go." Carl said setting me on the top bunk "thanks." Carl gave me a little smile "Goodnight Carl have sweet dreams." "Good night Amb." I close my eyes and try to sleep. Why do I feel like I'm good? I can't feel like this. I'm being so nice to Carl, but why it's not like he...like he. I got nothing for that. Every time I'm around him my heart goes up, and I feel like I'm safe in this world. Carl's eyes make me want to be good, his smile makes me want to, to just drop everything in my hands and kiss him! He's just so per- Amberlynn Rose Dixion stop! I can't love Carl I just can't, I'm not that kind of girl it's just not me. Maybe that's why I'm the way I am, too scared to let someone in and really care, I don't want to lose him, I can't lose him. I roll over and fall.

Carl's POV

I heard a thump hit the cold stone floor. "God damnit!" Amber mumbled "You okay?" "My arm hurts." I sit up and pick up Amber, set her on the bottom bunk. "I'll sleep on the top." I climb up not even five minutes later I fell too. "Carl?" I got up and look at Amber, who had the blankets up "You want me to sleep with you?" She smiled "Nah I guess I wanted to be cold. Yes dummy." I smiled and wrapped my arms around Ambers waist. She stuck her head in my chest and mumbled something "Good night." I close my eyes and sleep.