Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 16

Here we go, Chapter 16 :) I am dedicating this to one of my newer, very supportive fans, WhyuMybestFriend :) She's commented on practically every chapter so far, so thank you for that, and show her some love! :D

 Enjoy!

Chapter 16

~Melody~

The rest of the week was a mix of a lot of boring things I would've much rather skipped, but Hannah was persistent. So I found myself going shopping, spending almost my entire life savings on clothes, shoes, makeup, and a bunch of other unnecessary things. I also went out and got an eighty dollar haircut, and spent an hour listening to someone tell me why smokey eyes looked amazing on me.

By the time I got home on Friday, I was too tired to even attempt to get ready for the party tonight. But Hannah promised she'd be over soon. So i didn't have a choice. 

I remember the big conversation with my parents. When I had knocked on the door, my mom had been shocked to see me. It was obvious she had been crying that day, and my heart had broken at the sight. "I'm so sorry," I'd told her, and I'd pulled her into my arms, holding her tightly. She'd clung to me so tightly as if I would just blow away with the wind, but I wasn't going anywhere. 

We'd all spoke about it, and agreed that we were going to put everything behind us. I was going to stay home, and they were going to forget all the mistakes I'd made and the reasons they were mad at me. And I had to say that I was probably the happiest I'd been in six weeks. 

I heard footsteps bounding up the stairs, and I stuck my head in my pillow as Hannah burst into my room. She probably took one look at me, and groaned. "Melody, we're not going through this again. I told you that you're not backing out of this party!" she said, grabbing my ankles and pulling me off my bed. I let out a squeak as my body hit the floor, and I glared up at her. "That's better! Always so happy, I see." 

I mumbled something under my breath, glad when she didn't hear me. I then took one more look in the mirror, and played with my hair. "I'm still not so sure about it," I said to Hannah. 

My hair was now a few inches shorter and now had an Ombre. It went from incredibly dark brown, to light chestnut brown. It was a bit curlier now, but it still only fell just below my shoulder blades. "It's perfect. Stop being ridiculous," she said, twirling my hair around her finger. "You know you love it. You're just scared about all this change."

The truth is, I was. I didn't know why she was doing all this for me. 

"I'm doing all this," Hannah started. I widened my eyes before frowning. I really needed to learn how to not say what I'm thinking. "So that you can regain the confidence you lost." Well, I guess that made sense. Especially considering I was greatly lacking any kind of confidence nowadays.

I stood in silence for a minute. Then I said, "Do you think he'll forgive me?" I didn't want to think about what would happen if he didn't. I couldn't picture anything. When I thought about a life without Jesse, I came up a blank. There was nothing. I didn't care if Hannah thought I could live life without him, and go on to be an amazing person, and all that stuff. As far as I was concerned, I didn't deserve to live anymore, unless Jesse thought I did.