Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I ignored Jesse the rest of the week. I didn't talk to him, look at him or even think about him. Or at least I tried not to. But when he pops up in certain places, it's hard not to think about him. 

I always imagine his face. How flawless it is. I imagine the feeling of his hands on my skin, and the taste of his lips when he presses them against mine. I lift a hand to my lips, still feeling his touch, but I quickly shake it from my mind. Thinking about him isn't going to help me get over him at all.

Even though I really don't want to.

As soon as the last bell of the day sounds, I'm the first one out of my desk and to my locker. I quickly stuffed all my things in my bag, slammed my locker shut and ran down the halls, to the back parking lot. I was so excited, I could barely contain myself. 

When I saw him, I grinned, and jumped into his arms like a koala bear. "I missed you so much!" I cried into his shoulder, as he hugged me close to him. 

"I missed you too," he whispered into my hair. I jumped off him and he pulled my face up to his, pressing his lips gently against mine. I let myself enjoy the kiss. I missed the feeling of his lips against mine, and the warmth they brought. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. I loved the way his kissed made me feel. Light and carefree and weightless. They made me feel like I was special. Nothing like Jesse's kisses. He made me feel like a woman. Daring and dangerous. He makes me feel like doing things I really shouldn't do.

When he pulled away, he grinned at me, pressing his forehead against mine. "I'm never leaving again. A whole week away from you means a whole week without your kisses," he explained, caressing my cheek gently. "And I can't have that." 

I giggled as he lead me over to his car, and we both got in. "Where are we off to?" I asked him, placing my bag on the ground in front of me.

"I'm taking you on our first official date." Panic started to set in as I quickly flipped open the mirror and started checking myself, to see if I was alright. My hair was messy from the wind, and my face was a bit too greasy from the heat of the school. "I don't care how you look. We're not going anywhere fancy," he said, flipping the mirror closed again.

I smiled in gratitude, but then kind of wondered where we were going. Usually first dates happen at a fancy restaurant or something, but if that wasn't the case, then what? I'll admit I was a bit disappointed that we weren't going out to eat. Not that I don't appreciate the gesture. 

After about literally an hour of driving, We stopped on an empty path in the middle of the woods. Lucas got out of the car and helped me out. But before I could take a good look of anything around me, his hands were suddenly over my eyes, blocking everything from view. "Hey! What are you doing?" I said, trying to pry his hands off my face.

He laughed. "Just calm down. I don't want you to see anything else," he said in my ear. I sighed and dropped my hands as he lead me forward.

We walked for a little bit, before we stopped. I could've sworn I heard the sound of water and the sweet chirping of birds. "Okay, you can look now," Lucas said, removing his hands from my eyes. I opened my eyes, and slowly took in the scene around me.

It was a waterfall that fell into a large lake. There were drapes of vines all around and beautiful plants and flowers. The water was as clear as glass, and I could see the beautiful fish swimming around. I'd never known about this place at all, and suddenly it's here? And how did Lucas know about it? I gave him a look.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Whoa, no need to go all evil eye. It was just a place I found, and I thought you'd appreciate the beauty of it," he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me from the back. 

"This is so beautiful," I said, practically speechless. How I managed to even speak was beyond me. 

He laughed and kissed my ear, sending a slight shiver down my spine. "I thought you might like it," he whispered huskily. It was silent for a minute, before he spun me around and crashed his lips against mine. 

At first I was completely oblivious, but then I let myself fall deeper into the kiss, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We started walking backwards, slowly as he deepened the kiss. I started to lose my footing, and before I knew what was happening, we were both falling into the lake. I closed my mouth as I was suddenly surrounded my water. When I got up, I spat all the water in my mouth at Lucas.

"You did that on purpose!" I said, splashing water at him He laughed and shook his head splashing me back. "Yes you did. It's so like you," I exclaimed, placing my feet firmly against the bottom, glad to know it wasn't too deep yet. 

He stared at me seductively and started padding towards me. I giggled and backed up, before he grabbed me up in his arms, held me bridal style, and kissed me again. 

This time I let myself enjoy the kiss. We kissed for what seemed like forever. When we took a break, we swam over to the waterfall, stood up on a rock, and kissed again. It was a nicer feeling than I'd expected. Especially being with Lucas at that moment. That felt really nice. 

But my mind wouldn't stop going back to Jesse. I didn't feel like I could ever stop thinking about Jesse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SORRY ITS SO SHORT!!! But i just couldn't think of anything to keep it going, so I just decided to end it here :/ I promise the next one wont be so short!

Thanks guys SOSOS much for your support :D this book is doing so well! Also, don't forget to go check out my new Book, Saving Sarah! Also, comment below and fan and vote as well :D

Byebye! <3