Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I went home later that night, feeling extremely light and weightless. That kiss had left me dazed and I could barely even walk anymore. I quickly stepped into the living room and plopped down on the couch so my legs wouldn't give out from beneath me. That wouldn't be good, especially considering I'm so giddy. 

 I barely even noticed when my sisters came into the room. 

I looked over at them and smiled. "Hey guys. What's up?" I asked, suddenly extremely perky. They all just stared at me like I'd gone crazy. Except for Rosie who padded over to me in her pj's, climbing into my lap. "All ready for bed?"

"Mhm," she said, wrapping her legs around my waist as I stood up. 

I walked over to the others. "What is wrong with you?" Skipper asked me, staring at me, making me feel like I had two heads. My logic didn't stop me from reaching for my head anyway. "You are abnormally happy," she said, eyeing me suspiciously.

I rolled my eyes. "Good night, guys." 

I walked up the stairs, still in my own little world and put Rosie to bed. She fell asleep just as fast as her head hit the pillow. I stroked her hair back away from her face before I left, closing the door quietly behind me. I checked the others' bedrooms to see if they were in bed before I went back to my room. 

I had actually just been kissed. By Lucas. The thought made my feet tingly and my entire body seem weightless. "He kissed me," I mumbled to myself, making me giggle. Before I knew it I fell asleep to the sound of my giggles.

"Really? No way! Ohmygosh! Melody, you have to tell me what happened!" Hanna gushed outside our lockers the next day at school. I had just finished telling her the whole scene between Lucas and I from last night. 

I smirked. "I just did."

She blinked once before smiling so wide, I thought her face would break. "I mean again!" she said, jumping up and down like a little kid. 

I just grinned and went back to stuffing everything in my locker. 

Lucas had texted me that morning, telling me that his parents were taking him camping the rest of the week, but that he'd see me once he got back. I'd been a bit upset considering I was a bit confused about what was going on between us, but I could wait for him to return. 

I said bye to Hannah and told her I'd talk to her at lunch. I started down the hall and turned the corner, before body-checking someone. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I said as both of our books went flying. I looked up to see Jesse smiling at me. I could imagine his eyes sparkling with delight behind his sunglasses. Even though he couldn't see me. "Oh. Hey Jesse," I said before leaning down to grab my books. 

I was surprised when he leaned down with me. I shoved his books towards him so he could pick them up. "You really should watch where you're going," he said with a joking tone.