Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After we finally left the lake, Lucas took me out. He brought me home, told me to dress in something nice, and took me to Red Lobster. My number one favourite restaurant in the entire universe. I swear, I could've kissed him for hours, if i hadn't been so incredibly starving. 

We got there about half past six, and it wasn't entirely full, so we got a table straight away. Our hostess lead us over to a booth in the far back, I'm guessing so we could have some privacy. I decided to sneak a quick look at Lucas, wondering if he'd had anything to do with that, but then I quickly let the thought slide. Besides, something like that is a completely cheesy guy move. 

"So, I'm just warning you now," I said as we scanned our menus. I already knew what I wanted. The Seaside Shrimp Trio. Delicious. "If this is some way of getting me to write your English Paper, it's not going to work," I said giving him a wink.

He rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out at me. "No, it's not. I just thought you'd appreciate this," he said. I noticed the hurt in his voice and mentally slapped myself for being so harsh with the accusation.

I smiled and reached across the table for his hand. "I do. I'm sorry," I said. 

He looked up and smiled, reaching across to cup my cheek in his hand. The touch of his fingers against my skin was soft and comfortable, I felt myself leaning into his hand, not wanting the feeling to go away. But it did go away just as fast as it came, when I heard a familiar laugh echo through the otherwise quiet back end of the restaurant.

My head snapped up, just as Jesse, Damien and two pairs of adults who could only be their parents walked in, and sat down at a table just a few away form us. I felt Lucas' hand stiffen, and I reached up and grabbed it. 

"Don't let it bother you," I said, squeezing his fingers. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed each finger, making me dissolve into a fit of giggles. 

He smirked. "I won't. Promise," he said, before kissing the back of my hand, and placing it back down in front of me. I rolled my eyes and placed them in my lap, suddenly not wanting my skin to be showered with kisses. No matter how nice it was. "Now how about we get the nachos? I could eat a whole plate alone," he said with a laugh.

I grinned. "Not if I eat them first!" I said, lifting my eyebrows humorously. 

"You're on."

When the waitress came to serve us, we ordered our food, and told her to bring on the nachos as fast as she could. She obliged and in less than five minutes we had a steaming plate of nachos, cheese, peppers, jalapenos and so much more that was simply overflowing the already large plate.

As soon as we could, we dug our hands into the nachos and started stuffing our faces as mannerly and proper as we could manage. Of course, that didn't stop the cheese from falling all over us. I do think he beat me though.

Lucas wiped his face off with a napkin and grinned at me. "I told you. I can not be beat!" he said, a little too loud. Jesse's parents looked over here, glaring at him in annoyance. "I apologize folks," he said, pretending to tip a hat. They just rolled their eyes and turned back towards their meal. And I couldn't help one more glance at Jesse.