Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 4

Here is your long awaited, well deserved FOURTH CHAPTER :D

Remember guys, I love you and your COMMENTS :D ENJOY! <3

Chapter 4

After lunch, I was lucky enough to have the rest of the day off. I guess there are perks to being on Honour Roll. Of course, the first thing I did was head straight to the library. After that whole issue with Palmer announcing my identity to Jesse, and I didn't want to be around anyone. And no one who gave a shit about what happened in the hall would be here anyway. Which made it safe for me. 

" I see someone's deep in thought," a voice said from over my shoulder. I jumped, and turned my head to see my friend Lucas smiling at me.

"Hey! Come sit," I said, patting the empty spot on the couch beside me. "Where've you been all day?"

He shrugged and wrapped an arm around me in a hug. "Around. But now I'm here with you," he said, giving me a nudge. I giggled and punched his shoulder playfully. Lucas definitely had to be one of tee nicest guys I've ever known. And definitely one of the cutest. With his short brown hair that was always gelled up at the front, his deep brown eyes and sun kissed tan. not to mention he was completely in shape. "How was your summer?" he said, trying to get my attention. 

I looked up at him and smiled. "Good. I feel like I did a lot for myself this summer," I said, keeping my eyes locked on his. I felt like I could just drown in those eyes.  

"I noticed," he said, his eyes trailing over my body for a second before coming back to meet mine.

I felt a blush creep up my neck, and stood up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shelves. "I need to find something to read. If I don't I'm going to have a crisis," I said as I started skimming the mystery section. Lucas did the exact same thing, staying as close to me as possible. 

I heard the door to the library open, and I wondered who would be coming in. If anyone had wanted to be here at all, they would've came already. I peeked around Lucas to see Damien and Jesse walking in. I watched as Damien said bye to Jesse, and left him by himself. He pulled out his walking stick and unfolded it so it was long enough. He started tapping around the room with it, and I remembered that blind people used those to navigate around.

"Excuse me?" he said out loud, earning an irritated glare from everyone around him. Not that he would ever know. "Is anyone there?" I watched as he managed to skillfully navigate his way to the front desk, and he stopped there. "Excuse me, Ms. Fell. Do you know where I might find Melody? Is she here?" 

I was the only Melody at this school, why was he looking for me. Before I had a chance to hide. Ms. Fell saw me and motioned me over. "Melody, Jesse wanted to see you," she said, before disappearing into the library.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, my voice clipped. 

He frowned and his arms fell to his sides. "Look, I'm sorry about the way Palmer acted. He's kind of a douche. I should've stuck up for you," he whispered, his voice slipping into that similar tone he'd used before. I felt my shoulders tense.