Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 22

By the way guys, this is the OFFICIAL ending for the book. There will be an Epilogue, but what I'm saying is that I mentioned two endings. I'll post the other one after the Epilogue, but this one is the official one and I'll explain why in my final Author's note. 

I hope you guys enjoy this last full length chapter :) 

Chapter 22

12 Years Later

~Melody~ 

I was vaguely aware of the fact that someone was jumping on the bed. I simply groaned, pulling my pillow over my head, digging my face into the sheets. I couldn't help but smile at the sound of the high-pitched giggles. I almost got too caught up in it, and didn't notice when they started tickling my feet.

I started laughing uncontrollably, and I flipped around, grabbing my two girls around their waists. "You girls are going to drive me insane," I said, lightly tickling them. They giggled again, throwing their arms around my neck. "Where is your dad this morning," I asked, subconsciously noticing that the spot on the bed beside me was oddly empty. I knew I'd felt cold this morning. 

They both shrugged and jumped out of my arms, running out into the hallway. I shook my head in amusement and stood up, slipping my feet into my slippers.

I followed the girls downstairs, and told them to sit at the table while I made them breakfast. I could hear their little muffled whispers behind me and I looked over my shoulder, admiring my two little bundles of joy. I had always thought it was odd how much they looked like me. Their sweet blue eyes and extremely and Kate with her dark brown hair. Lizzie's blond hair definitely wasn't from me. Lizzie had hers up in a messy bun, and Kate had hers in two pigtails that I'd thrown together last night. Liz was four and Kate was six. 

When I finished their pancakes, I heard the door open, and the light tingling of keys sounded through the house. "Daddy!" the girls screeched, jumping away from the table and running through the house. I smirked and followed them in time to see them clinging to their dad. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against the wall. 

"Whoa, girls you're going to knock me over!" he said with a laugh, throwing both of them over his shoulders. I laughed as he spun around before putting them back down on the ground. He brushed his blond hair out of his eyes and walked over to me, placing a sweet kiss on my cheek. "Morning."

"Morning," I said, smiling wider as he leaned down and kissed my slightly bulging belly. I placed my hand on his and pulled them up to my face, pulling him in for another kiss.

I heard the familiar little giggles, and I was suddenly running after my girls. "I'm going to get you two!" I said, chasing them around the den. When I finally caught up to them, they were huddled into the couch. Behind all the pillows I nearly missed them. For four and five, they were extremely tiny. I jumped onto the couch and pulled them into my chest. "If you guys don't eat your pancakes, I will."

They screamed, making me wince and crawled over me, running back to the table. "Baby, I don't know how you do that," Luke said, sitting down next to me. He draped an arm over my shoulder and I leaned into his side.