24

Jess POV

I wake up and Carls looking at me. "Okay perv." I smirk and he chuckles. "Im sorry." He says smiling weakly. I lean in and kiss him. "Its okay." I smile. I sit up and lean against the hay bale. The barn door opens and someone we dont recognize walks in. Everyones guns goes up. "Hi everyone." They says calmly. Its a man. I stand up and walk closer. "Rick. Oh Jess and Carl." He says smiling. "How do you know us." I ask. "His names Aaron. Hes from a community and wants us to be an addition to it." Sasha says from behind him. "Ive been watching you for a couple days to see if your suitable." Aaron explains. Carl comes up next to me. "Suitable how?" He asks. "Your all great out here, but you dont belong out here." Aaron says. "How long you been watching." Daryl asks.

"Long enough to know that you ignore a whole herd of walkers on your tail. That Jess is the baby whisperer and a Dixon. Daryls a great hunter. Rosita and Abraham are together, same with Glenn and Maggie. Carl, Judith and Rick are a whole family. That Caleb lik-" He says but I interrupt him. "Okay thats creepy as fuck." I say and he smiles weakly. "You and Carl are also together. Michonne has trust issues. Tara is a lesbian and Eugene lied about something important. Carol has lost people. Sasha lost her boyfriend and brother. Gabriel lost everything and everyone. Maggie lost her sister which had a huge impact on the Dixons." He continues talking. I slap him. "What else do you know?" I growl. He rubs his face. "Maggies sister was special to you and you cant let her go. They call you the younger version of her because your happy and keep faith. Beth was it?" Aaron says smiling.

I step back from him and walk into Carls grasp. "Sasha pass Rick my bag. First pocket has pictures of our community." He says. "No one gives a shit." Daryl growls. "Your 100% right." Aaron says. Rick searches through his bag. Find a flare gun. They start questioning him and get nowhere. Carl still hugs me. "I miss her." I whisper and he nods into my hair. "We all do." He says and I nod. Judith starts crying and everyone looks at me. "On it." I say wiping my eyes. I pick her up and changer her diaper. I check if shes hungry which she is. "Bottle?" I ask not expecting one. "You gotta wait for a bit baby girl." I say to her and she smiles at me. Rick and the others make a plan to find out if this Aaron guy is honest. A group leaves and Rick looks for food in Aarons bag. Then others leave to guard the perimeter just incase. Rick hands me applesauce but then takes it back. "Wha?" I mumble and be takes it to Aaron. He forces him to eat it and then gives it to me.

I set Judith down on my leg and feed her some spoonfuls. "Can I have some?" Caleb asks from Carls side. I nod and give him a spoonful. "Ew." He says. "Caleb you know you cant choose what we eat." I say. "We gotta survive on what we find, whether we like it or not. If were allergic thats a different story." I continue and he nods. Carl kisses my forehead. "Your so cute." He whispers. I roll my eyes and continue feeding Judith until she doesnt want anymore. I then put some water in her bottle and make her drink. Which she happily does. "18 minutes." I hear Rick say and the door opens. I see Michonne and Abraham with alot of food. "This is ours whether or not we go." Rick says. "Why wouldnt we go?" I ask. "Why pass up a safe place for Judith?" Carl says. "And me." Caleb says from Carls side. "Fine." Rick says and he starts explaining what we'll do but I dont listen due to Judith pulling on my hair. I lift her up and burp her and she does it without puking. "Well done babygirl." I say smiling at her and she claps her hands. Carl wraps his arms around my waist and Caleb hugs my leg. "You're so beautiful." He whispers and I giggle. "Corny." I say turning to face him. He kisses me and we hear the barn door open. "Grixon!" Maggie yells from the door and me and Carl flip her off like we ways do. We part and Judith claps her hands. "I love you." Carl says kissing my forehead. "I love you too." I say smiling. He walks off towards his dad.

"What are we gonna do Judy. Huh?" I coo at her and she smiles at me. "Were gonna survive." Caleb answers. "Yes we are." I say smiling at him. "Were going at sundown." Carl says walking back into our corner. I nod. "Glenn, Michonne, Aaron and Dad are going in the car so we'll be in the RV." Carl explains and I nod. "Ill be all yours in the RV." He says kissing my head and I smile. "You know Im probably gonna sleep right?" I say and he laughs. "Yep." He says popping the p. "Hey Grixon come here." Glenn says. Me and Carl stand up and walk towards them. "You wanna have kids one day?" Glenn asks. "Duh?" We say together. "Then can you keep an eye on one." Glenn says pointing to Rick. "Nope. Hes not mine. Sorry babe." I say walking back into the corner leaving Carl to deal with his dad. Later on Carl tells me to pack as were leaving. I do as told and take the kids into the RV. We go into the bedroom and I lay Judith down on the bed and Caleb lays next to her. I lay on the other side of Judith and bring both their bodies close to me. Soon the RV swerves and we turn around. I sit up and look out the window seeing walkers everywhere. Then a flare. I run out the bedroom. "Did anyone else see the flare?" I ask and Abraham nods from the drivers seat. I hear a cry but its not from Judith. I go into the bedroom and see Caleb looking down at his leg. Theres a bite. I see the walker under the bed and stab it. I pick up Judith and run out the room panicked. "Babe?" Carl says. "Take your sister." I say and everyone looks at me. "Everything okay?" Daryl asks and I shake my head while pacing. "You didnt clear the RV did you?" I ask. "Didnt think we needed to?" Abraham says. "There was a walker in the bedroom under the bed. Calebs been bit." I say still pacing. "Woah babe. Relax okay. Where is he bit." Carl asks me handing Judith to Maggie. "His leg but it can effect you withing minutes you know this. He might be a goner." I say bitting my nails which I see Daryl do the same thing. "We have to put him down." Daryl says as he walks into the bedroom. I hear him talk to Caleb before I hear a familiar flick of his knife. "No!" I yell trying to get into the bedroom but Carl stops me. He brings me into a hug which I melt in and cry.