7

Jess POV

I wake up on my birthday. Everyone awake says happy birthday to me but I ignore it. I run back to the fence after eating breakfast. Soon there are no walkers around. "Hey." I turn and see Beth there holding Judith. "Happy birthday." She says smiling. "Thanks." I say frowning. "Whats wrong?" She asks. "I know he didnt know but whyd it have to be badly timed?" I ask. "The worlds dying so everything is going to be screwed up." She admits. Judith starts fussing. "Give." I say holding my hands out. I support her head while she lays into my chest. She soon falls asleep. "She can hear your heartbeat." Beth states. "Yeah. She loves me." I smirk and Beth giggles. "You and Carl huh?" She teases. "What about us?" I ask calmly. "I saw you two kiss on the balcony. Michonne confirmed it too." She says. I roll my eyes. "You really like him dont you. The way you stand up for him." Beth starts. "I did that because his parents were dumbos and hes like my only dude friend here." I state. "I thought I was your friend little one." She grins. "Im not little." I growl. She just laughs. "Okay sweetie." She says and takes Judith off me seeing the oncoming walkers. "Ill let you get your anger out again." She says smiling. "Thanks Beth." I say smiling, happy for having a girlie chat. "Anytime." She says and I nod. I start killing all the oncoming walkers. I then hear loud tree russlings and hear Carol scream. I turn and see cars. "Were being attacked, warn the others." I yell running over to her, seeing axel on the ground. Maggie comes out handing guns out to everyone. I grab one I run down to the gate with Rick. "Jess go back." He growls. "No." I hiss back. I start shooting, killing every shot I take until they retreat.

"Oh fuck." I hear Rick say as he opens the gate. Daryl and Merle stand there and they both look at me. "They'll come back." Maggie says running down towards us before seeing the Dixon brothers. "Nice reunion Ive had here personally but we need to go after them." I say to them before turning my attention back to Rick. "No." Rick says. "What do you mean no. They could come back. Bigger and stronger if we dont fucking do something." I yell st him. "Little one sure has a big temper." Merle says grinning. "Im not little. Now shut up before I use your own hand to stab ur stomach." I growl staring at him. Maggie and I turn back to Rick as Glenn runs down. "Hes not staying here." Glenn immediately says. They start arguing. I cover my ears trying not to let the memories arise. "Everyone shut the fuck up." I yell. They all stare at me. "I honestly dont care who we luve with right now. Lock him up, whatever. But we need to go after them!" I scream. Daryl looks at me with worry in his eyes. Glen comes over and hugs me. I grip his shirt, hes always been there for me, same with Maggie. "This is what happens when you miss your daughters birthday for your useless body of a brother." Glenn says to Daryl. I push Glenn away and walk out of the gates before Daryl can say anything. I load up the gun I got and sprint off. I go back to the prison when I cant find anything. "Fucks sake." I say as Carl opens the gate. "You okay?" He asks and I nod. "Im fine I just need to breathe for second." I say stopping and then my vision fades and I hear Carl call my name.

4 days later~

I wake up to blurry vision. "Shes up." I hear someone say. People rush in. "I cant see. Stop moving." I growl and every figure stops in its place. I rub my eyes and stretch and yawn. I blink a couple of times and then my vision is cleared. "Good afternoon everyone." I say smiling. I notice Hershal in a chair, Daryl at the doorframe and Carl asleep in the chair beside me. "How long?" I ask. Hershal holds up 4 fingers. I sigh and get changed not caring if anyone looks. Daryls my dad, Hershals seen me naked to check my scars and Carls knocked out. "Need to check me over?" I ask Hershal and he shakes his head. "Be careful and drink." He says before heading off. I nod and turn to Carl. "Guess he didnt wanna lose another friend." I mumble and dad hears. "Itll be my fault again too." Daryl says. "No dad it wasnt, she got scared and ran. Natural selection or fate." I say shrugging my shoulders. "Take everyday as it comes." I say smiling at him. He frowns. "I love you daddy." I say hugging him. He hugs me back and smiles. "I gotta go hunt." He says backing away. "Catch us some vension." I say smiling. He nods and walks off. I hear Carl start to stir. I turn back to him and walk over. "Hey Grimes." I say with my hands on my hips. He smirks at me. "Hey. You okay?" He asks and I nod. I give him a peck before leaving the room. I walk over to the cafeteria to see everyone. "Sleeping beauty is awake." Carol smiles and I laugh. I grab some food and sit down. "Is gonna shut down like he did." Beth whispers. "Okay what happened?" I ask knowing something definitely happened while I was asleep. "Yesterday we were meant to give Michonne over to the Governer. We didnt but Merle took her but instead he let her go. Merle got shot and turned. Your dad had to put him down." Maggie explains. "Thats why he was so blunt and sad this morning." I say looking down at my food. I start poking it around, I eat it thought considering I havent eaten for 4 days.

A/n
Oh no uncle merle is dead :/