17

Jess POV

2 days later~

I wake up at camp and see everyone awake already. "How come you let me sleep." I ask. "Your the last to fall asleep, and you have nightmares that you clearly dont remember." Rick explains quickly. "Oh." I say standing up. "Gonna go check the snares." Rick says. "Can I go." Carl asks. "Duh how else you gonna learn?" Rick says. He then points at me and Michonne. "You to." He says. Carl smiles and takes my hand as we walk towards it. Rick starts explaining the slip knot and its actually quite interesting. We then hear someone scream and Carl bolts to it. Rick goes after him leaving me and Michonne to run after him. Once we get there they're hidden behind a tree. "We cant help him." Rick says and we start to run as the walkers eating the man turn to us. We continue running until we find the rail again. We walk down it for the day. Michonne and Carl had a bet the Rick put an end to. I just kept walking. "Whats up?" I hear Michonne ask me. I shrug. "I feel dirty and my stomach hurts." I groan. "Youve started your period." Michonne says. "I what now." I say as I stop walking. She turns to me and nods. "Fortunately for you, I have something for it." She says. She hands me some pads and some pills, then some chocolate. I walk of the rail and put the pad in my pants. I then take the pill and eat the chocolate. "Thats Michonne." I say. I feel a bit better and she smiles at me. "Come on girls, theres a car." Rick yells and we run up after them.

We get in the car and drive to a empty space in the woods. They set up camp and make a fire. Carls asleep in the car while Im next to Michonne by the fire and Ricks on the other side. Theyre talking about something while Im pushing the leaves into the fire. We hear russling. Then a gun trigger. "The little girls claimed." Someone says and I can hear the snarkiness in his voice. A hand grips onto my hair and another on my hands. "Rick." I whisper. "Woah boss. This is the one that killed him." The man behind me says as he shoves me infront of the boss. Who has Rick at gun point. "Your the sneaky bitch that killed our friend. Funnily enough you have the same vest as Daryl over there." The leader says. I stand up and see Daryl across from me. I try running to him but I get stopped by the guy before. "Get. Your. Filthy. Hands. Off. Me." I scream and stab him in the head. I get my knife and hold it out. "Ohhh get her at gun point." A gun goes to my head. "Drop the knife." The leader says. "Fuck off." I hiss. "Who is this Daryl, sister, girlfriend." The leader asks. I see someone get Carl out the car and forces him to the ground. "No!" I yell and try and get to him but once again. Dragged back. "Daryl answer me." The leader says. "Shes my daughter." Daryl says. "Daughter hm." The leader says. The gun goes to my head. He starts counting down. 10. 9. 8. Daryl stops him. I have 2 guns at my head completely opposite each other. "You want blood. From me." Daryl says. "Daddy no!" I yell trying to move but my legs are stuck. He starts getting beat up. I duck and the leader shoots his friend in the head. Rick headbutts the one hes got on him. We all start killing them. The man who was trying to rape Carl stands up now. "Ill kill him." He threatens. He lets Carl go and he runs into my arms. "Shh. Its okay. Its okay." I say as he sobs in my arms. "I got ya. Your safe now. Its okay." I say as his grip on me tightens. Rick completely obliterated the man. Carl doesnt let go as we reach the car. He goes in first. He hands reach out for me like Judiths do. "One sec. Let me hug my dad." I say and he nods. I run to him and hug him. "I knew youd come back." I say as he hugs me tight. "Always." He says and I smile. I run back to the car and Carl wraps himself around me. I start stroking his hair as we doze off.

I wake up and have Michonne next to me. I start to stroke Carls hair again but he just grabs my hand and kisses it before holding it. I smile and use my thumb to trace fingers on his hand. I hear Rick and Daryl talk outside. "I was with Beth." Daryl says. "Was for a while. One night I got her out of an overrun house. Car picked her up, shes just gone." Daryl says and I start crying silently. I lean my head up so the tears dont fall on Carl. "Its not on you Daryl." Rick says and I smile. I wipe my eyes and start to daydream. Soon Im swept out of my gaze and Carl sits up. "You think were close?" He asks. "To Terminus?" I ask. He nods. "Yeah. Not far. There before sundown." I say and he smiles at me. The others get in the car and we drive back to the rail until getting out and starting our track through the woods.