4

Jess POV

I wake up with Carl still next to me. "Morning sleeping beauty." He smirks at me and I slap his leg. "Ow." He complains and I giggle at him. "What time is it?" I ask. "About 9am." He says and I smile leaning into him more. "Yay. I can go back to sleep." I say smiling into his chest. "Nope." He says slipping from under me. "Aww man. I can sleep without you anyway." I say as he leaves and he smiles. I get up and change before rushing past him to get oatmeal. "Dibs on the last bit of cinnamon." I say to Carol and she nods. "What no fair." I hear Carl from behind me. "Shoulda thought about that before you left me." I say making a pouting face. I get handed my bowl and the cinnamon. I sit down and soon Carl joins me. I open the cinnamon snd put some in my bowl and then hand the rest to Carl. "You for real?" He asks before taking it and I nod shoving it further in his face. He takes it as I start eating. I nudge him. "Good isnt it?" I mumble between mouthfuls and he nods.

We finish esting and go back into the cell block, me guarding one door and Carl the other. "Walkers!" He yells out which grabs my attention. He begins shooting while I try and get everyone out. "Go go go!" I yell to the vulnerable as they leave the cell block. Carl goes with his mum as I lock the cell block door. I see Daryl rush to me as they all start running in the other direction. "Come on princess." He says picking me up. I wrap my arms round his neck as he runs. We get out into the prison yard. "Okay where is everyone?" Hershal asks. I look around and see no Maggie, Lori or Carl. "Wheres Carol and T-dog?" Rick asks. "T-dog. Whos T-dog?" I ask not remembering being introduced. "He's out most of the time checking tunnels and such. He came back this morning to sleep, normally its at night so you dont notice him." Daryl explains and I nod. An alarm starts blaring. "The prisoners." I growl as I see them walk out. Daryl puts me down and walks over to them. They say it could be some back up generator. I get left with Hershal and Beth as everyone else goes to look. Including the prisoners. Soon its turned off and people start running back. Daryl and Rick are first to come back. Then Glenn follows soon after. Then the prisoners reach us.

We all hear a babies cry. I turn around and see Maggie there holding a baby. Carl next to her with his head low. Rick tries to get past Maggie to see Lori but instead starts screaming. We all stand there and grieve. I slowly walk over to Carl. "Hey Grimes." I say softly as I put my hands in his, he hugs me and we just stand there. I rub circles on his back. "Its a girl." I hear Hershal say. Then its all mumbling while Rick still yells. "Its okay." I whisper to Carl. He pulls away but his hands stay on my hips. I kiss his forehead. "We're gonna beat this world." I smile knowing thats probably was Lori said too. He smiles up at me. "Nuh uh not her. Im going on a run." Daryl says. "Formula, boy." Hershal says. Daryl nods before leaving. "A name?" I ask Carl as he still has his hands wrapped around me. "I dont know. It could be Patricia, Andrea, Sophia, Carol... Lori." He says starting to mumble all the names into my shoulder as I rub his back still. He lets go of me and goes over to her. I sit and watch everyone from the sidelines. I didnt like babies, to whiny. Sure I'll hope to have my own but, not for ages.

Later on Daryl comes back with some formula. Beth mixes it up and hands the bottle back to Daryl as he begins to feed her. "Huh. You like that. Lil Asskicker." He mumbles while she drinks. Everyone stares at him. He looks like hes in his zone. I stand up from my corner and head upstairs. I reach the door of mine and Daryls cell before I burst into tears. I hold back the sobs for as long as I can. I hear footsteps walk towards the cell. Beth peers in. "You okay?" She asks. "Fine." I mumble wiping away my tears and snot. "You sure?" She asks. "I said im fine." I snap as I get into bed. "Tell them im sleeping." I demand and she just nods. "Night Beth." I say smiling at her as a form of apology and she smiles back. I let my head hit the pillow as I drift off.

2 months later~

I wake up and its still dark out, Daryls laying next to me asleep and snoring. I figit trying not to wake him and I leave the cell. I walk down the stairs and into the cafeteria. I see someone sitting on the bench and by the hat I can tell its Carl. "You okay Grimes?" I ask. He quickly wipes his face and turns to me and nods. I shake my head and walk closer. I sit on the table top with him just below me on the seats attached. I open my arms and he hugs my waist sobbing. I push my hands through his hair as a form of comfort. He soon stops crying and has fallen asleep in my lap and I continue to push my hands through his hair until light up. Felt like hours. First up is Carol who sees us and just leaves us be to make oatmeal. Then its Hershal and he comes in to get a bowl of oatmeal. He gets me one too and brings it other. I mumble and thank you as he goes and sits away from me and Carl. I finish eating my oatmeal and put the bowl down. Carls head still lays in my lap.

A/n
Its
So
Cuteee