20

Jess POV

We continue walking. I have Judith on my hip with one hand around her and my other hand holding Calebs. Carls next to me. "You think we'll find somewhere safe?" Caleb asks me. "We always do. Eventually." I say smiling at him. He smiles back and runs off to Daryl who then holds his hand. Carl takes Caleb place. "I was waiting for that." He says taking my hand and kisses it. I smile at him. "HELP!" We hear someone yell. Once again Carl runs off towards is. "Grimes!" I yell but he doesnt look back. Everyone follows him and we see a black man in a preist outfit. There are walkers surrounding him. Carl, Rick and Daryl kill them as Caleb comes back to me. "Get down." Rick demands and the man does so. "Your name?" Rick asks. The man holds up a finger and pukes. He stops and looks at us again. "Gabriel. Do you have any food, what I just had hit the ground." The man says. I nudge Carl. "We have peacans." He says smiling at Gabriel. "Thank you. You have beautiful children." Gabriel says looking at me. "Im 14." I say. "Oh well whoevers they are they're gorgeous." He says smiling. Tyrese takes Judith from me and Calebs hand. "Jess?" Rick asks. "Hands up." I say to Gabriel. Rick soon catches on. "Have an weapons on you?" Rick asks. "Do I look like I would." Gabriel says and we stare at him. "We dont give two short and curlys what it looks like." Abraham says. "No I dont." Gabriel says when I stop patting him down. "How many walkers you killed?" I ask. "None." He answers. "What about people?" Carl asks standing next to me. "None." He answers. "Why?" Me and Carl ask at the same time. "The lord doesnt allow violence." Gabriel answers. We nod and Caleb runs back to me and I pick him up. "Have a camp?" Rick asks. "I have a church." He says. "Lead the way." Daryl says. We start our way to the church.

We get to the church and I put Caleb down. He runs inside and jumps on the pews. "Caleb. Careful." I say. Carol hands me Judith. "Im gonna go collect water with your day." She says and I nod taking Judith. "Babe!" I hear Carl yell. I turn towards the door. "Yeah?" I ask. "Come look." He says. I walk out of the church with Judith in my arms and I go over to Carl. We see a grave stone that says 'Dylan, Beloved son, brother and friend.' We stand there in silence. "Atleast he didnt have to deal with this world." I say to him smiling. He gives me a peck on the lips and he smiles. "I wonder if Amiees still out there?" I mumble and he shrugs. I stay standing there for a while until Gabriel comes out. "A friend?" He asks and I nod. "Best." I say smiling. "Do you know how he died?" He asks and I shake my head. "I got adopted before she died." I say looking at him with teary eyes. "Oh. Your that Jess." He says and smiles. "He spoke about you alot in church, saying how he hoped you found a good family." Gabriel says. "Did you?" He asks. "No." I mumble and he nods. "He survived Cancer just like Amiee." He says and I nod smiling. "He could beat anything." I say and he nods. "He died by getting run over. Got out in a coma. His parents pulled the plug so he wouldnt suffer." He explains. "Yeah, Lucy and Paul would do that." I say smiling. Gabriel walks back into the church.

I walk back into the church and see everyone sitting down. "Jess!" Someone yells. I turn my head to the voice and look at the church door. I see a girl standing there. "Who?" I ask. "Amiee." She says. Carl comes up next to me. "Howd you get in?" He asks taking Judith from me. "Amiee?" I ask. "Yeah." She says nodding like im stupid. I run up to her and hug her. "Its been too long." She says smiling and I nod. "Dad!" I yell and Daryl stands up. "My real one." I say pointing to him. Amiee smiles at me and goes to shake Daryls hand. "Glad to know you dont beat her like the other one did." She says bluntly. Daryl nods and shakes her hand. "Everyone this is Amiee. My best friend." I say and they nod. Some wave. I sit down with her. "Were going on a run. Wanna come?" Rick asks and I shake my head. He nods and the people going leave. "So your the infamous Amiee." Carl says sitting behind me and handing me Judith. Amiee nods. "Your her.. boyfriend?" Amiee asks and Carl nods. "Hurt her and I will bite you." Amiee threatens and Carl laughs but nods. Amiee goes off to mingle. "Shes a more confident version of you." Carl says and I nod as Judith dozes off in my arms. "I wish we have this one day." He says. "Have what?" I ask. "A family." He says looking at me. "We have one. You just want a new addition." I say smirking and he laughs. "Pretty much." He says and I punch him. "Ow." He says pouting. "Oh shush you." I say and he kisses me. I smile into it. "Grixon!" Glenn yells and once again. We both flip him off. We part as we hear footsteps. I put my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. "We'll be safe soon." He says. "Yeah I hope so." I say. Soon the group comes back, so do Carol and Daryl. They left the same time the group did. "We got water." Carol yells and we all smile. Daryl walks over to us. "You kids okay?" He asks. "Yes dad." I groan and he smiles. "Just making sure my princess is okay." He says and I nod. "You to Grimes." He says and Carl smiles at him.