16

Jess POV

I wake up and Carls gone. Probs for supplies but Rick lays passed out on the sofa. I hear walkers outside the door. I groan. I climb out of the window and see Carl. I stab a walker. "Behind you." I say getting the other one. The walker falls on top of him I run and stab it. "Look what I found." He says to me. He hands me a capri sun. "You remembered." I gasp and he nods. I open it and cheers the air. "For Amiee." I say smiling before downing it. "Woah, no idea why she liked them." I smile. "Lets hope shes still alive yeah?" Carl says and I nod. "I doubt it though, if she had cancer theres no way she would have survived this long." I say as I climb back in the window and he frowns. He climbs in afterward and puts the bag down. He hands me a can of peas. "Ooo greens." I say smiling and he rolls his eyes. He hands me a spoon and I start eating. Once im finish I go to the toilet and hear him yelling at his dad. I walk down the stairs and see him crying with Ricks head in his lap. "Dad. Im scared and I cant hide it from her anymore." He whispers to him. I go over and sit down next to him. "Then dont." I say kissing his cheek. He leans his head on my shoulder and I take watch. My paranoia starts back up after almost 2 years of it gone I begin to think the worse. Soon Carl wakes back up and takes my space knowing im scared. I lean on him. "Thank you." I whisper and he kisses my head.

I wake up and see Rick awake. Carl next to him, they're eating peas. I put my vest on properly after seeing it draped over me. "Shes awake." Rick says in a scared voice and I laugh. "Very funny. Chuck." I say to Carl and he chucks a can. I use my knife and stab into it letting the water poor out into the bin. "Thats a good idea, why didnt we think of that." Rick says and I smile to myself. I turn the can over and cut around the circle making the can pop open. I grab and spoon and start eating. "I found cereal. You didnt have to have peas babe." Carl says and I smile at the fact he called me babe. "Nah. Peas." I say smiling while taking another mouthful. Rick smiles at me then Carl. "Grixon." He scoffs and I laugh. I drop a pea on the floor. "Oh look I pead." I say and they chuckle. I pick it up and flick it into the bin. "We okay for today, just staying still?" Rick asks. "Well we did have more food. But I ate it" Carl says. "Really what was it." Rick asks. "112 ounces of chocolate pudding." He says and I gasp. "You didnt share." I frown and he laughs. We all sit a talk for the rest of the day until theres a knock on the door. Rick looks through the peep hole. "Its for you." He says to Carl. The move the sofa out of the way and Michonne walks in. I run and hug her. "Im not the only girl anymore." I say smiling as she hugs me back. "Did you see dad?" I ask instantly and she shakes her head. I sit down and frown. "Oh well. Hes strong well see him soon." I say smiling and they all nod at me.

We wake up the next day and have cereal. I chill in the kitchen with Rick while Michonne and Carl catch up. "Daryls out there." Rick says smiling at me. "I know. So is Judith. Tyrese got her out, I saw." I say and he smiles immediately. I hear Carl and Michonne laughing and then silence. "Jess." Michonne says walking in. "On it." I say getting up off the floor and going to find Carl. Hes upstairs in a teens room. "Hey." I say smiling he looks up and frowns. "Do I have to ruin everything?" He asks looking back down. "You dont ruin anything. Its just the memories came flooding back." I say trying to guess what they were talking about. "Yeah your right." He says smiling at me. "When am I not." I grin and he kisses me. We go back downstairs and see Rick and Michonne talking. "Michonnes taking Carl on a supply run. That good." Rick asks him. Carl nods, they get the things they need and leave. "We gonna leave soon?" I ask and he nods. I start packing the things we brought and take them into the bedroom where hes reading his book. He soon passes out again. I start reading the book that he was.  I hear a noise from downstairs. "Rick." I whisper and I shake him. The noise gets closer. I shake him violently and he wakes up, then we hear talking. "Shit. Jess bag." He says and I pass it to him. He puts it on and gets his gun out while I get my knife out. Theyre downstairs. I slip into the bathroom and Rick stays put as one comes up the stairs. They go into the bedroom. One comes into the bathroom and locks the door. I grab his chain and strangle him. Using my legs to cover his mouth. Soon I feel no struggle and no pulse. I unlock the door and Rick walks in. "Window go." I order and he listens. He jumps put first and I follow after. I roll onto my back and run after Rick as we circle the house. He tells me to stop which I do. After a while we hear someone says and then he pushes me to run infront of him. I see Carl and Michonne walk towards the house. "Go go." Rick says and we a run off in a different direction. After a while of running we see a sign. 'Terminus, Sanctuary for all, those you come survive' it says. "Think its real?" I ask. "Nope, but if theyre alive the others would have gone." Rick says and we start going in the direction of the trails.