Chapter 5

Italics are flashbacks/dreams :)

"You have to help us, please!" Cheryl pleads pulling at my arm.

 She's crying. I'm sick of seeing her cry.

"You need to help me because they're trying to send us away and I'm not crazy Kimberley. I'm not and you know I'm not. Make them see!" She begging me and soon she's struggling for breath. It's like all the air she's trying to breathe is trapped in her throat and she can't get it to her lungs. She's crying uncontrollably now, I'm glad Paisley and Alaina are being brought in soon with Sarah. I stand here suddenly not knowing what to do but now im shaking on the inside just as much as Cheryl who is sat trembling on the edge of the bed. She's still not breathing properly, I've called for a nurse but she's taking too long. I suddenly remember back to the days I had spent at school at the back of the classroom during a lesion of health and social care. I barely paid attention but something stuck out, when I think back I know what I need to do. Well I think I do. It's worth a shot.

I push her head down so its burried between her knees and I rub her back. "Take deep breaths, babe. You're alright" I tell her and she does. One deep, shaky breath after another until the attack has worn off and she's slumped against my side with her head idly on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" I ask and she shakes her head, she's trying to push meaningless words through her lips but they are nothing more than muddled up mumbles. "Have you had one of these before? Chez... a panic attack?" she just reaches for my hand and she squeezes it tightly.

"I'm fine but you need to- please just don't let them take us"

"You're making no sense, take you where? Cheryl?"

"I don't know but they think I'm crazy! I'm not crazy-"

"I know you're not, of course you aren't. Come on don't get yourself worked up again" I hush her while rubbing her back in a circular motion  "I'll just be a minute" I press a kiss onto her forehead then wander out of the room in search of this MIA nurse.

*

 "It's not for those with addictions, the psychosocial rehabilitation centre we are set to transfer Miss Cole to is only about half an hour away. It may not seem like it now but it is in Cheryl's best interests. We're only thinking about her wellbeing"

"A what? ... You mean you're sending her to a nut house? There's nothing wrong with her, she's not crazy!" I ague and the formal woman in front of me with the clipboards under her arm pushes up her glasses before carrying on in informing me on Cheryl's mental state.

"I don't know how much she has told you but this has all been discussed with the patient. It's better for her there. There will be consultants specialized in mental health, she will be better off where she can-"

"But like I've said. There's nothing wrong with her head. She's got all her marbles. She's just not been sleeping; a few sleeping pills accidently put her here. Nothing else. She didn't even mean to overdose, she told me! "

"We've been assessing her since she was admitted. I can't really go into details with you but everything has been discussed with Miss C-"

"It's Tweedy, Miss Tweedy!"

"Sorry" She mutters and carries on. "We've discussed everything with Miss Tweedy, she's aware this is not compulsory but it is in her best interests. Living alone in her mental state is definitely not good for her. Not just yet."

"What if I moved in with her, would that help?"

"She needs qualified help, Miss Walsh. If I was you I'd try and persuade her to take the help we're offering. But ... If she's still refusing our services, yes. Someone moving in with her would be the next best thing even if it is to just keep an eye on her"