Chapter 15

It's the morning after the night before and both Cheryl and i woke up early with matching smiles plastered on our faces. It is only 6am and the girls are still asleep but we know that there is little to no chance of us falling back to sleep this morning. I am lying in bed watching Cheryl pull on an oversized sweatshirt and she has thrown me one over too. We thought that we better put some clothes on because there is no doubt that soon both of the girls will be barging through our bedroom door and getting into bed with us for an early morning cuddle.

"What are you grinning at?"

"Nothing" I laugh and she rolls her eyes playfully at me and rubs her arms with some body lotion that she bought yesterday. I love just watching Cheryl because i love everything about her. I love how she moves, i love how happy she gets over silly things like opening a new cream and i love how she smiles at me from across the room. I love that she is mine once again. "Come back to bed" I murmur and i hold my hand out to her.

"Miss us already, do you?"

"I just want another kiss" I pout at her and she giggles, taking my hand after she has climbed back onto the bed and i pull her up to me. She lands ontop of me and pecks my lips quickly. "That's better" I hum into her soft curls and i wrap my arms around her body like i always do and she quickly gets comfortable by nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck and intertwining our legs.

Neither of us are in the mood for any funny business this morning so instead we just lay here talking and enjoying each other's company. As the room fills with silence my mind wanders and i end up thinking about the life i have lead. I realise that at 22 years old i have crammed a lot into my short life. I was in a terrible relationship and became a mother at 16, i settled down into a high profile relationship with the woman of my dreams, i broke her heart, had another baby by a no good low life and now here i am with Cheryl again laying on my chest and running her fingers up and down my arm like none of that ever happened. When i was a child i never dreamt that this would be my life. Sometimes i still can't believe that this is how i am living. It is funny though because i would not change a single bad decision i have made because my biggest, stupidest mistake ended up giving me the biggest blessing i could ever receive and i love that child to death, God knows.

It is Cheryl's voice that breaks the long, comfortable silence and pulls me from my own thoughts. She is murmuring my name and looking up at me with those big brown eyes i have always found myself getting lost in. "Kim?"

"Mhm?"

"I've been thinking"

"About?"

"I know you have already kind of moved back in with us but when we fly back home you can move in properly" I look at the beautiful woman in my arms and give her a smile. She rolls onto her back beside me and reaches for my hand. "Do you still have things at the flat?"

"No. I packed everything up before you were discharged from hospital. I brought most things with me back to your's and Adam collected the rest and put it in my mum's loft for me. I gave the council the key's back so i don't have the flat anymore, i kind of just figured i would be with you until you were better and then i'd look for somewhere decent"

"We'll get the rest of your things when we are back then and i'll invite me mam down when we're settled back in. She can bring the dogs back with her"

"Oh, I don't think i'm ready for that" I joke but Cheryl doesn't catch the humour in my voice. She props herself up onto her elbow and looks at me with worried eyes.

"Is this all too fast?"

"No! I was joking, babe. Don't worry" I laugh and kiss the side of her head but the worried expression on her face does not fade. "What's wrong?" I ask her and she shrugs her shoulders so i encourage her to tell me.