Chapter 12

SURPRISE!

Cheryl is sat laughing with the girls on our flight to Los Angeles. She had her heart dead set on returning to her favourite place and of course i did not take much persuading. I watch in amazement as Cheryl laughs and jokes so jovially after a terrible few months. She is like a new person nowadays, she is so much happier and so are the girls, that much is obvious. I know that when the press hear about us jetting off together they are going to have a field day but Cheryl was right about what she said. She needs this holiday, it will do her the world of good and we shouldn't have to go through life worrying about what is going to be printed in a paper or written in a blog. We thought it was best to leave Hailie in the more than capable hands of her mother but i am worried about how Amy will cope without my help but then again she is still at home and has the rest of our family to rely on. Really though she should be doing the majority of childcare herself, she is her child after all.

"What are you lot laughing at?"

I turn around from the air stewardess and hand Cheryl the tea she has went on and on for since sitting down and she takes it gratefully to cup between her palms. "I wanted mammy to draw me a duck and look at it!"

"That's a duck?" I laugh loudly at the picture Paisley is holding in her hands. Alaina is sat beside her on her seat and its a tight squeeze but neither of them seem to mind.

"Duck?" Alaina squints, tilting her head to the side and her little actions make me laugh even more than i was.

"Leave us alone, i'm not an artist you know!"

"I can see that!" I am laughing again and so is Cheryl. I am happy to see her getting back to her old self but i am even happier to see her deep dimples on a regular occurance. "I'm not being funny Chez but that looks more like a cow than a duck"

"You're a bloody cow, i tell you that"

"Wow!" I hold a hand to my chest in mock offence and she lets out an adorable chuckle. Paisley and Alaina busy themselves again with the drawing pad and coloured pens in front of them and Cheryl sips at her hot drink with a frown. "Alright, Chez?" Her facial expressions always amuse me.

"This is like dirty dishwater, have a taste of that" I shake my head, declining her offer and she looks into the mug. "It doesn't hold a candle to your, i have to admit"

"Well i am the tea queen, arent i?" That was always my nickname at home because i always made the best tea. I remember just how everyone likes their cuppas and their favourite biscuits to dunk into them.

Cheryl and the girls all look adorable. Last week she gave me her card and demanded that i went "Holiday shopping" She insisted that we all got new wardrobes for our trip to LA and of course Paisley took full advantage of her Mam's good will. I could not calm her shopping spree down and when i facetimed Cheryl from one of our favourite kid's boutiques in hope that she would side with me and tell Paisley to put half of the things she had thrown into the basket back i was left disappointed as Cheryl told me to stop worrying and to get every outfit, accessory and pair of shoes she had picked, including a £80 pair of boots that she will only end up scuffing the toes of. Cheryl had secretly ordered so much clothes for the girls online that sending me into town to fill their suitcases was unnecessary. Today the girls and Cheryl all have a baby pink velvet tracksuit on that they have matched with 3 pairs of white converse trainers. I have to say that they do look very cute and i can't wait to dress the girls up like little dolls in all of their new outfits.

With a bit of a sulk Cheryl gives her cup of tea back and i listen to her ramble on about all of the things she wants to do while we are away. This is another thing i am loving about Cheryl at the minute- the way she has started to talk my ears off about everything and anything. She has never shut up this week and i'm not sure if that is a blessing or a curse.