Chapter 18

Hello! Sorry i took so long with this update, i have been so busy over Christmas. Did you all have a good one?

"It's not like Laney to be making all that noise"

"She's tired but can't sleep and just keeps crying"

"I know, she's nearly deafened me " Sarah laughs while i am patting my youngest daughter's back and bouncing her in my arms.  Alaina has been like this all day. She is suffering from this jet lag malarkey far more than the rest of us and i think that is due to how young she is. Her naps have been off scheduled so she does not know what to do with herself and at this point she is past the point of being tired.

"I'm surprised you could hear anything over that racket you're all making"

"We're just enjoying ourselves and Paisley is the life and soul of the party, surprise surprise"

"Oh i can see that" I giggle looking over to where she is dancing with everyone, the kid never stops. The noise coming from this garden is ridiculous and it only gets louder when someone turns the music up but i don't have the heart to spoil their fun because by the looks of it they are having a ball. "Take her for me will you? I feel like my arm is going to fall off"

Sarah willingly holds her arms out to my daughter who happily falls into them with a sudden smile on her face. She has stopped crying now but her eyes are still wet, her cheeks are still red and she is still has her chubby fist in her mouth while her free one grasps onto her favourite bunny that her uncle Gary got for her when she was a tiny chubby cheeked newborn. I can tell just by the way both of my girls look at Sarah that they love her very much and Sarah is not much of a baby person but she loves them too. The girls have an army of aunties and uncles but they have a special bond with Sarah and they always have. I put that down to how much time they have spent together. Sarah was the first person i told when i found out i was pregnant at the tender age of 16 and she has been by my side ever since. For that i will forever be grateful and she knows it.

Sarah chats happily to Alaina then turns to look at me. "Come and sit over here with us.  i'll keep ahold of my little bestie here, she seems happy now look"

"She must've just wanted Auntie Sarah cuddles"

"Of course she did! Everyone knows that i'm the best cuddler. Auntie Nicola has nothing on me"

Sarah practically drags me back over to the sun loungers and i fall onto one for the first time in hours, i have been run ragged so it is nice to put my feet up. It is still warm and the sun is out but it should be going down soon so i should really go upstairs and put more clothes on because once the sun is out of sight and the warm air starts to get chillier i won't be too happy in just my bikini top and shorts. Cheryl is in same outfit but with a different coloured top and as i look at her i wish i could be as effortlessly stunning as she is. While Cheryl's legs are toned and tanned to perfection mine are as red as my back is because during our last day in LA that we spent at the beach i got sunburned and it is starting to get painful.

"Isn't she such a good dancer!?" Nadine shouts over the music. They are all dancing together and even have Amy and Paisley joining in. I knew that Paisley would not miss out on having a boogie with her mam and aunties. She is in a fit of giggles as Cheryl twirls her around again and again and again.

"She gets those moves from me" I joke and it really makes Cheryl laugh.

"I think you'll find that she gets them from me, thank you very much and i don't think anyone disagrees"

"Definitely not" Nicola laughs. "No offence, Kim but you have two left feet. Remember that time at my Aunt Pearls 60th party when you-"

"Alright, point taken" I cut her off before she is able to tell the full story. I cringe with embarrassment just thinking about that night. I had far too much to drink and Nicola's poor old Aunt Pearl left her party covered in her own birthday cake. I knew that Cheryl would not let it go so she demands Nicola tell her all about it and she does which makes my face turn a very bright red so I am happy when Paisley comes over to me and climbs onto my lap.