Chapter 29

Cheryl takes a picture of Alaina on her phone as our now 2 year old sits grinning in the brand new car we got her for her birthday which has came around quicker than i thought it would. Laney loves getting her picture taken and loves the little white range rover with 'Laney' customised on the license plate in twinkling diamantes.

"Look at her go!" I laugh watching Alaina drive towards the coffee table. It is quite a fast battery operated car and Garry has to stop her from crashing into the glass coffee table that we pushed to one side so Alaina could drive her car up and down the living room without crashing it into anything but even with all the furniture pushed to one side she is still crashing into everything and she finds it hilarious.

Alaina's face is a picture and she is having so much fun. She is gripping the steering wheel tightly with two hands. "Again, again!" She screams with excitement as Garry turns the car around.

Determined not to have Paisley feeling left out on Alaina's big day Cheryl and i thought that we would get her a couple of little presents too. They are nothing expensive but we knew that they would keep her happy while the attention is not solely on her. We got her a new barbie doll that she is over the moon with and even more happy with the brand new, pink sports car to put it in. Paisley sits in her room playing with barbies for hours on end so we thought that we could not go wrong with buying her something barbie related and we were right.

Holding out her barbie Paisley smiles at Joan as she sits watching her granddaughters with a proud smile on her face. She smiles and cuddles Paisley into her side, she will be leaving with Garry on Sunday and i am dreading it as i don't think that any of us are ready to say goodbye to either of them just yet. Cheryl and i decided to let Paisley have the day off school today and she could not believe it when i told her that she did not have to get up and put her uniform on this morning. I want Alaina to spend her birthday with her sister and we are having guests over tonight for the party so i will have so much to do today without having to rush to and from her school. Climbing onto Joan's lap Paisley strokes her barbie's hair back. "Do you like my barbie, Nana? I've called her Sarah"

"I love it, she has hair just like you!"

Over the moon with the compliment Paisley snuggles into her favourite Nana and Cheryl is now taking a video of Alaina on her phone. I bet that Cheryl's storage will be calling out for help by the end of the day as it is only 9am and Cheryl's camera roll is already full of photos and videos from this morning. She took them of Alaina opening her presents, twirling around the living room in a Cinderella dress that we tried on her and even a video of her coming down the stairs this morning to capture the look on her face when her eyes landed on the piles of presents that were all for her.

"Laney!" Cheryl calls and gets a little wave off Alaina but because Alaina looked up and over at Cheryl who is still stood with her phone in her hand Garry had to save her once again from crashing but this time she was heading straight for the sofa and almost ran poor little Coco over in the process.

"I think our Laney takes after you, Sis. She is a terrible driver" Garry says, laughing at his own wit and lifting Alaina out of the car and into the air.

"I'm a good driver thank you very much!" Cheryl defends herself and tucks her mobile phone into the back pocket of her jeans. She is the only one out of all of us that isn't still in her pyjamas but she insists that she will be getting changed again for the party this afternoon. Even Garry is still in his pyjamas and by pyjamas i mean a pair of tracksuit bottoms and the Gucci slides that Cheryl bought him for his birthday. Alaina was over the moon when i put her "Birthday girl" pyjamas on her last night so she could wake up in them this morning. They are white and the writing is silver and glittery, i cant help but smile at how well she matches her new car. There is a new gold bangle on her wrist that is shining in the light and a matching new necklace. The necklace is of her name- It is gold and written in old English lettering, it is lovely and she keeps looking down at it and patting it with her hand proudly. Even i was surprised when she tore the princess wrapping paper off the little velvet boxes and showed them to me because i didn't know that Cheryl had bought them but now i understand what Rihanna meant when she said that Laney was going to be 'icey' when we spoke last week - Cheryl must have shown her on one of their friendly facetimes.