Chapter 34

"I know there is nothing i can do about it because Cheryl is working away but i'd rather not talk to Paisley's teacher alone. I'm terrible when it comes to things like this" 

I am in a fluster as i walk across the school yard with my new friend from the school run Whitney. Lilly and Paisley are still the best of friends and over the past few weeks Whitney and i have struck up quite the friendship too. Paisley only stopped crying for Cheryl when i forced her through her classroom door and i told her to be good but it seems like my pleas fell on deaf ears because I got a phone call from Paisley's school earlier telling me that there was an incident at lunch time today and her teacher wants to discuss it with me when i pick her up. It is nothing serious apparently but i am still apprehensive because i know what kind of mood Paisley was in this morning and she gets herself into trouble for doing silly things at school all of the time.

"Kids, eh? I'm pulled in so much about mine that i should have my own designated seat and peg in the cloakroom" Whitney jokes and i laugh with her. I think our friendship has caused quite the conversation among the other mums as it took them by surprise but i can't blame them for gossiping. Whitney and i are not at all alike. Cheryl has met her a couple of times and like i thought she would, Whitney reminds Cheryl so much of her late friend Alaina and she feels sorry for her and her children. It became obvious that Whitney carried her baby around opposed to having him in a pram because she did not have one and can not afford to buy one so Cheryl bought one online and gave her it. She lied though and told her that it was a spare one that we had at home just so Whitney wouldn't be embarrassed or think that we were treating her like charity. Whitney's oldest child is pushing it along the playground now. He kicked up a fuss this morning and refused to go to school so she gave him a day off- like me Whitney will do anything for an easy life "You can leave your kids with me while you're in there having a word. I'll keep an eye on them" She generously offers and i smile at her.

"Thank's Whit, hopefully it shouldn't take long"

"Me have chocolate?" Alaina stops whining for a second to ask for a treat as if i can magically produce a chocolate bar out of thin air. She has also driven me 'round the bend since Cheryl left this morning and as she starts to whinge again i shake my head. Since Cheryl said goodbye Alaina has been asking for her every 2 seconds. She wants nothing to do with me today and she is making that as clear as day. 

"I'll get you some later. You're going to stay here with Whitney while Mummy talks to Paisley's teacher"

"The perfect Miss Miller" I hear Whitney sarcastically mutter under her breath and she reaches  over the pram to put the dummy back in baby Joey's mouth when he starts to whine from the big, luxurious pram she looks out of place pushing once Junie gets tired.

"Lilly obsessed with her too, i take it?"

Whitney sighs and rolls her eyes. "Sick to death of hearing her name, i am. I told Lils to move in with the  stuck up cow if she likes her so much and the little mare asked where her suitcase was"

I can't help but laugh and neither can Whitney who looks like she has seen better days. Junie has been winding her up all day and i feel sorry for her. She has a lot on her plate at the minute and i can tell that just by how worn down she looks.

"Cheryl has had it to her back teeth of hearing about her too. Just the mention of the lovely Miss Miller drives her to despair"

"I know the feeling" Whitney pushes her hair out of her face and i glance at the watch wrapped around my wrist. The doors should open in a couple of minutes and then Miss Miller can put me out of my misery and inform me on what my daughter has done today.