The Black Lizards

~A/N- Hey guys! Just one little thing before I get on with the chapter. Yesterday I changed Emi from becoming an info broker to blackmailing her way into the mafia. Just for those who read the chapter before I changed it. Anyway, hope you enjoy! Bye-bye:)~

I was in the sick-room sitting with Doppo, waiting for Atsushi to get up. He was looking at his notebook that was upside down with his glasses on his head. I let him be and was sketching some random animals in my sketchbook while I snacked on some candy.

After a bit, Atsushi woke up.

"What happened... Where am I..." I heard him mutter.

I quietly shut my sketchbook.

"So you've finally come to," Doppo said.

"Kunikida..."

"Dammit kid, I can't believe you pulled that stunt. And at such a busy time."

After a moment he shot up. "Mr. Kunikida! Are Junichiro and Naomi..."

"Calm down, Atsushi. They're fine." I said, making him notice that I was on the side opposite of my brother.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Dr. Yosano is treating Tanizaki next door as we speak." Doppo said.

And on queue, I started hearing Tanizaki freak out as the treatment began.

"That's... medical treatment...?"

"I heard a rumor. There's a bounty on your head in the Black Market. Perhaps as high as 7 billion yen... 7 billion yen. You've moved up in the world. No wonder the Port Mafia wants to get their hands on you."

"7 billion yen?... It's all beginning to make sense." He said calmly before he started freaking out. "W-what should I do? The mafia might attack the agency at any time! Why me? Why me? Why me?"

"Stop panicking. It's true that the Port Mafia is extremely violent."

'That would be an understatement...' I thought to myself as he went on.

"You must stay calm, otherwise, you could wind up dead. Not that I care." He said while flipping a page in his notebook.

"Umm... I think your notebook is upside down..." 

He stared at Atsushi for a moment before he turned it back the right way then he shut it and stood up and walked up to Atsushi. "I am not losing my cool over the mafia!! I'd beat them back! Even if they attack right now!" He went on as I was trying not to bust out laughing at him freaking out. "They'll come for sure. You were the one who brought this. The worst-case scenario may come to pass. Think carefully about what you will do."

Atsushi lowered his head in thought as Doppo walked to the door and opened it.

"By the way, kid. Have you seen my glasses anywhere?"

That finally broke me. I busted out laughing.

"What's so funny?!"

"Just my brother losing his cool over the mafia. Just saying, if you feel around on your head you may find a surprise." I said in between chuckles.

He gave me a confused look and felt on top of his head, sure enough, he found his glasses. He had the same look that he had earlier and put his glasses on and then walked out, leaving me and Atsushi alone.

I could tell that he was nervous without even looking at him. "Calm down, Atsushi. And don't go doing anything rash." I said while looking at him.

"..."