wonderland

The theme was black and white. Black vases held bouquets stacked with white flowers, white curtains strung around the hall. White table clothes with a golden chandelier swinging slightly from the ceiling.

Their family and friends crammed into the room (with there being so many), waiting for the vows to be exchanged so they could finally see the two boys together. Officially.

Alex and Jack (the now long time couple) stood on opposite sides, Alex behind Luke and Jack behind Calum. Cas and Terra had seats in the front next to Luke's parents, all giddy expressions present.

Calum tried to stop the shaking in his hands as he gulped, a sheepish grin plastered on his face. Luke's shining eyes stood out against the pure white flower crown on his head, while Calum's dark eyes perfectly matched his black crown.

Calum began.

"Wow. It's been six years together. That's quite a long time for something as lovely as you to be stuck with me," A few laughs came from the audience. Calum, as nervous as he acted, knew exactly what he was going to say, even without note cards, "I'm glad you haven't decided that there is someone better than me yet, though."

Luke's smile couldn't leave his face as Calum went on.

"We have a crazy story together, Lucas, but I don't think anyone wants to hear something like that. That's something we'll tell our kids together." Luke nodded, squeezing Calum's hands a little.

"When I look at you, Luke, I don't see the few scattered tattoos you have or the lip ring. Not the skirts or a flower crown, or your skyscraper hair. I see something so much more than that. I see. . . you."

"Not everyone gets to see someone quite as perfect as you, and I'm thankful for everyday that I do get to see you, because you are my everything. You hold the key to, well, me. If it wasn't for you, I don't know where I would be, but it could never compare to where I am now. I don't want to know a world where you aren't with me, smiling like you do and holding my hand like you couldn't afford to let go. I love you princess, and I can't wait to get old with you." Calum's eyes never left the teary eyed boy's face. Luke looked absolutely mad, with the biggest tears dripping down his face but a smile still painted on.

Luke coughed a little, trying to gain a voice. "I don't think my vows could compete with that ever, but I'll try," The blonde sniffled, focusing on Calum, "So while I was trying to write my vows, I was listening to music. And a song called Wonderland by Taylor Swift came on," Calum rolled his eyes and giggled, "and it just really reminded me of you. Specifically one lyric. It goes 'we found wonderland, you and I got lost in it, and we pretended it could last forever'. So when I heard that, my first thought is wow, Taylor Swift is some kind of genius. But my second thought was you."

Calum had on his happiest smile. The one where his eyes would crinkle and his teeth would show fully and it was the one Luke absolutely adored.

"Because you're kind of like my wonderland. When I'm with you, I don't see anyone else, because you are all that I see. You make me crazy, and sometimes I see rabbits that have pocket watches when I'm with you for too long, but I love it. I love every mad minute that I'm with you."

"' And in the end in wonderland we both went mad'. This line is especially relevant, because I am crazy. About you, at least. And I think you feel the same. Sometimes I feel like Alice. And you are like the white rabbit, leading me on all these adventures and stuff. I never thought that I could relate to a character as much as I do Alice, because I did fall down a rabbit hole, and that is a deep, twisted pit called love. I think that we can find our way around the pit together."

"I'm positive that we can." Calum whispered, kissing Luke's hand.

--

the end mi amigos

ilysm guys and really, this story has gotten so much farther than I ever intended (as do all my other stories), but this has been one of my favorites next to Killer.

thank you so much for all your support, comments, votes, reading list additions, and sharing this hunk of junk!!

I hope you all find your white rabbit in life:-)

-mum (for all u non americans out there)