black like my heart

"Calum? Calum, I know you're here. And. . . God, Calum could you just come out here so I can talk to you?" Luke stood outside one of the grey bathroom stalls, tapping his foot. He watched as Calum ran from the cafeteria down the long hallway and this was the only place he would go.

"Go away." Calum's voice (and Luke's heart) cracked.

"Calum, open the damn door or I'm getting on the floor and crawling under, and I know you will not let me lay on the bathroom floor." Luke waited a few seconds before he heard Calum sigh and unlock the stall.

Luke's blue eyes met Calum's puffy ones. Luke held out his arms and Calum walked straight into them, nuzzling his face in Luke's shoulder. The blonde kissed his head repeatedly, waiting for someone to talk. Apparently, he was going to be the first.

"I know what happened between you two. I'm sorry." Luke said, the black hair tickling his chin.

Calum mumbled from Luke's shoulder. "How do you know?"

"Jack."

"Jack's a little bitch."

"That's not really the point, Calum. I'm sorry. Everything Michael did to you, what you did to him. . . " Luke trailed off and Calum unburied himself, and looked at Luke.

"Its not your fault. I'm okay." The corners of his mouth pulled up just a bit, but they didn't match his brown eyes.

"You're a worse liar than Pinnochio." Luke said.

"That was really lame."

"Quit changing the subject. We both know that you are not fine. I wouldn't be either if I were you." Luke whispered the last part, cupping Calum's face with his hands.

"I'll be fine, okay?" Calum sighed, shutting his eyes, "I just need time. And you. Mostly you."

"That was lame. Like, wow. Really lame." Luke and Calum both laughed, and Calum slid his arms around Luke's waist and Luke's arms around Calum's neck. They just held each other, thinking silently about the same things, like being officially "boyfriend and boyfriend".

"I made you something by the way," Luke said, pulling away from Calum, "C'mon it's in my locker. I'll show you."

∆∆∆

A wide grin spread across Luke's face. He just looked so happy when Calum put the black crown on his head.

"It's black like my heart."

"That's very original of you. Not that I've heard that a hundred times before." Luke teased, fixing the crooked crown.

"I never realized how gay we really are until now." Calum pondered, looking at his (boyfriend?).

"We really are. But I think it's kind of fun."

--

HI I HAD TO UPDATE BC THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS OR SO

ILY GUYS

-KATIE