~Heroes Arrive!~

-in the past-

"Get everyone evacuated!" The villagers were running and running away from the monsters "momma! Papa!" Yelled at the top of my lounges to my parents "run! You must be safe and help the heroes!" My mother said while fighting off the creatures "but.."
"You must, Ai-san..please, for the village!" My eyes closed as I turned and ran towards the forest.

*Mamma! Papa..*

Running and running, not looking back at all. I ran to the castle as fast as I could. The castle..that's where this story starts.

-

"Ai-san" I walk to the king bowing "yes, your highness" I asked him "we have some guests coming in, please make sure a room is prepared" the king ordered "of course"

Ai Nekoma, a Demi-Human working at the castle as a guard for the king.

Back in the thrown room at the castle, four people stand before us. Each with a weapon, the shorter one had a bow. Next to him, he held a sword. The one in red, holds a spear. And the last guy..holds a shield, standing before us..are the four heroes that'll protect the land.

"So these men are the Four Cardinal Heroes of ancient legend?" The king asked "I am the king of Melromarc, Aultcray Melromarc XXXll. Heroes, name yourselves" the king ordered

"Amaki Ren, sixteen years old, high schooler." He said while holding his sword towards his right hand "I'm Kitamura Motoyasu. Twenty-one, and a college student." The spear holder said walking a little up "I suppose I'm up next. Kawasumi Itsuki, seventeen years old, and a high schooler." The bow hero said holding his bow a little up.

"And lastly, me. I'm.." but the king cut him off before speaking "I see. Ren, Motoyasu, and Itsuki, huh?"
"Y-Yo, King, aren't you forgetting me?" The shield hero said "don't address the king like that, shield-san" I said "Ai-san, it's fine.." I stood my guard down while staring at the shield "my name is Iwatani Naofumi. I'm twenty, and a college student."

"Now..I suppose I owe you an explanation." The king said "you're ignoring me?" I turn to the shield guy with my tail up
"My country, Melromarc, and the entire world is headed towards destruction." He explained, I looked at the other three hero's. Once I got my gaze to the sword hero, I turn blushing.
*cute..*

The king started to explain how the world is in danger.
Waves, these things randomly spawn anywhere in the world. The waves send monsters to attack and kill us, they spawn randomly. And we know when because of an item. The only ones who saved us from the waves are the four heroes back then.

"We underestimated the prophesied Waves. We realized once we actually experienced one that only the Four Cardinal Heroes could doubter them. And so, we followed the legend and summoned you four. We have no time to lose!" The king said

"We get the gist of it now. Anyway, surely you didn't summon us excepting us to save you for free." Ren said bringing his sword down "of course, once you repel all the Waves, we shall rewards you handsomely." Someone said (I don't know if it's like a chancellor or something)

"Will you, now? Well, as long as we have your word."
"We'll work with you provided you don't turn on us. But don't think for a moment that you can tame us."
"Exactly. We can't have you looking down on us."
"R-Right.."

"Ai-san" I turn to the king nodding "I trust we have an agreement. Then, heroes, you should all check your statuses." The king said "wait, what's a status?" Naofumi asked "uh..."
"What's wrong with you guys? It should've been the first thing you noticed in this world." Ren said *smart one..*

"Ai-san, the room is ready for the heroes" a maiden said "Arigatōgozaimashita" I said bowing to the maiden "heroes..we have a room ready for you to stay in" I said walking out of the shadows "please follow me.."

Leading them to there rooms, I bowed as they entered "thanks" I brought my head up meeting the Swords heroes eyes "it's my pleasure, Sword-san" he entered the room as I walked down the hall, turning a corner..I placed my back on the wall blushing

"I talked to him! I can't believe it!" My face was bright red, I crouched whole fan-girling "maybe I should join him! It would be nice!"

"Ai-san" I look up seeing the princess "y..your highness!" I got up nervously and fixing myself up "are you okay?" She asked "y-yes I'm fine! I better get to my duties, good night princess!"

-

The next day has come, the king has picked some people to be with the heroes. All of them went to the ones they want to travel with, but..the shield hero, that's when me and another girl joined him.

"Shield-san, my names Ai Nekoma. I'm a Demi-human, but I'm able to hide my ears and tail. If you'd like me to" I asked "it be best" I nod using my ability to hide them "let's get to training then!" I said excitingly "alright"

Forgot to mention, the other girls name is Myne.

And the training started, the shie..I mean Naofumi started with small ballon creatures, we went to a weapons and armour shop earlier. We did get some weapons and armour, but Naofumi couldn't wield anything other then his shield.

-

After that training, we headed to an inn we can rest up at. Night fell as we all went to sleep, the other heroes also stayed at the inn. When the sun came up, I could here screaming and yelling.
Opening the door to see Naofumi panicked, the royal guards came in and asked us to head to the castle.

"What's going on?!" I asked "Ai-san! Move away from him!" Motoyasu yelled "I..I don't understand..why?" I asked "he assaulted me!" My eyes widened when Myne yelled "y..you're joking..this has to be a joke!" I said
"Ai, Take a look" the guard pulled two items out, one belonged to Myne and the other..was my necklace "these were in his room, Ai"

I turn to Naofumi in fear "h..how could you!" I shouted "Ai-san.." "don't come near me!" I yelled, the guards went in front of my shielding me "I can't believe I..I put my trust in you!" I yelled "Ai-san, go clear your head. I'll handle this" I nod heading to the hall.

My back to the wall in fright "this can't be true..heroes would never do this! How could I be so blind to believe him?!" I shouted while crying in the process "Ai-san.." I turn seeing the three heroes, and Myne "are you okay? Did he try to pull anything on you?" Itsuki asked

"Hm..I'm not harmed, but he took my necklace..that was my mother's last gift to me! I can't believe I trusted a filthy mouth like him" I said gripping my necklace to my chest "what are you gonna do now?" Myne asked.

"Don't know.." I said looking down "the king suggested one of us takes you along, but since you're a Demi-human. They'll need to be a pack formed" Ren said *this could be my chance..*

"T-That be nice, if you like..I'd want to travel with, Ren-sama." I said "already taking a likening, eh?" Myne nudged me making a smile "quiet..is it okay?" I and "yes that's fine.."
"Great! I know someone who can help make a pack, oh and I'm, Ai Nekoma! And I look forward to working with you, Ren-sama!" I said placing my hand on my chest.

"Same here, Ai-san"

And the adventure of this story..is now beginning