Tears

FP
"Betty told Jug and he told me.." I whisper softly.
Alice keeps crying on my shoulder and I am just happy to be there for her.

BETTY
The next morning.
I still haven't told any pf my friends about Polly, I just can't find the courage.

I enter Riverdale Highschool and instantly, Veronica Lodge is by my side again.
"Girl, what happened to you yesterday and why didn't you text me back?!" She asks concerned. She looks at me and I can watch her expression change as she sees my swollen eyes, I've been crying all night. She suddenly pulls me into the next empty room, the Blue and Gold office, where I regularly work on articles, together with Kevin... and Jughead. Well, I've been avoiding him since he started here, I never really realized, that I know him from here, when mom told me, that he is FP's son.
"B, what happened?" V asks softly, stroking my shoulders.
"I- Polly... s-she.." my voice breaks and I try to hold my tears back again. "She d-died two nights ago..."
"Oh, my god... I am so sorry, B... " V pulls me into a tight hug and I feel tears escaping my eyes again.
Suddenly, Kevin enters the room.
"Oh, god... what emergency do we got here?" He says as he joins the hug.
"Polly is dead..." Veronica whispers toward him and I hear him gasp.
"Everything will be alright, Betty.." Kevin whispers, stroking my back.
I have the best friends I could ask for.

I already accepted the fact, that I'd be constantly crying for the next few days. It's getting less tears everyday. I'm learning to live without mu loved sister.
The next two months, I'd mostly spend crying over the memories of Polly. My friends, Veronica, Kevin and Archie would keep trying to comfort me. Surprisingly, even Jughead and I became friends. He wouldn't push me to stop sobbing, he would wait for me to find my piece.
I really appreciate his behavior and we've been talking a lot. It hurts me to admit, but I'm pretty sure, I'm about to fall in love with Jughead Jones. I try to focus on my friendship with him, as a distraction. I can barely think about anything but Polly, but when I don't, I think about him.
Jug told me about his messed up family life, that his mother took his sister and moved to Toledo, a long time ago and I told him more about my dad. We became close friends, in just a few weeks.
FP was there for my mom, all the time. I couldn't help her, I was dealing with my own depression, but he really proved his love toward her, by always being there to comfort her. I really am happy for these two, but it complicates my feelings for Jug. Even if he liked me back, we couldn't be together, for our parents' sake...

JUGHEAD
Fortunately, Betty and I have been becoming closer and I've been realizing, that I was wrong about her. Her life isn't nearly as perfect as it appears to be. Not even before her fathers arrest and her sisters death. She is a broken girl, that needs someone to cope with her. I want to be this someone. In spite of our parents' relationship, I begun developing strong feelings for Betty Cooper. I want to be there for her, I want to hold her, I want to be the one, that makes her happy. I know, she'll never like me the way I like her, but I won't give up on her.
We've been talking a lot. Just sitting in her room and talking about out lifes, school, our friends, the world. I could talk to her endlessly, it'll never get boring. Sometimes, Betty would break down and I'd hug her tight. I wish, I could keep my arms around her forever, just not when she is crying. I hate seeing her sad, but I don't want to push her into hiding her pain. I believe, she will get over her sisters sudden death, when she lets it all out, just accepts if and lives with her memories in piece. And I fully understand, that this takes much time, maybe years, but I believe in Betty. I have never seen a girl as strong as her.