The beautiful blonde

JUGHEAD
I was shocked, when I heard, that Betty Cooper is the daughter of my fathers new girlfriend.
I used to have a crush on her, but she always was way out of my league. She is the literal embodiment of the perfect girl next door. I am just South side scumbag.
Since the beginning of time, I've been jealous of her. She had this perfect life. A beautiful family, excellent grades, popular friends, she had everything.
As I said, I used to be so jealous, until one year ago. Her fathers arrest destroyed her reputation, her image.
I used to see her cry in abandoned classrooms, she was ruined.
But in the last few months, she's been returning as the perfection she is.
I like her either way, but I cannot admit it. As I said, she is way out of my league.
I am a serpent, an outsider, a loner. I don't belong anywhere and with no one. Betty Cooper is the complete opposite of me.

I'm in our trailer, as I decide to text her. I don't know how this idea came up in my head, but it did.
I pull out my phone and start typing in a message to the beautiful blonde.

Hey, this is Jughead
Hey, Jughead. What do you want?
Nothing specific. I just thought, I should use the number your mother gave me
Ha- ha why did she even do that?!
Idk. I was just bored so I texted you
Okay. Well, Veronica is at mine now, so bye.
Bye

Wow, that was the flattest conversation, I ever had.

BETTY
I don't get it. Why'd he text me?
I turn off my phone and turn toward V.
"Who texted you, B?" She asks while scrolling through her own phone.
"It was Jughead.." I say cringing.
She looks up to me, visibly surprised. "What?!" She says and suddenly smirks. "Why did he text you?"
"He's the son of my mothers boyfriend, remember?" I say.
"Yeah, of course I remember, but that is no reason to text you!" V says. I roll my eyes. "OMG! What if he has a crush on you!" Veronica suddenly squeals.
I just laugh. "He hates me." I say coldly.
I'm pretty sure, he doesn't like me. He always acts like it, he treats me like I'm just some egocentric bitch.
"Oohh.. that's definetely a sign! Boys always act like they hate you, when they're really in love with you!!" V explains happily.
I roll my eyes. "Not in this case." I say. "He doesn't even know me- God, why am I even explaining this to you? We all know how much he hates me."
I don't hate him like he hates me. I honestly kind of like this mysterious image of his. In middle school, everyone used to gossip about him and how weird he is, so I couldn't turn my back on my friends.
I actually didn't think he was that weird and no one deserves this kind of bullying.
The girls that used to mock him back then, are now trying to get his attention, now that he's hot, but he smartly avoids them. How I know this? After I told Veronica about our parents, yesterday, she told me everything she knows about him.
She said, he always says, that he isn't interested, so everyone started believing, that he's crushing on someone. But that someone, is definitely not me.

JUGHEAD
The next day at school.
It's already afternoon, my last class just ended, so I start walking down the abandoned hallway that leads me to the back exit.
Suddenly, I hear someone slightly sobbing and sighing, but I can tell that the person isn't crying.
I keep walking, the noises getting even louder, until I see someone sitting in the abandoned classrooms, on top of the teachers desk.
I slowly walk closer, but she can't see me yet. I keep examining, until I recognize her. It's Betty Cooper.

Okay, here's part 2, I hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't worry, Bughead will get together soon. ;)