A crying girl

JUGHEAD
My steps get faster, as I walk towards the crying girl.
"Betty?!" I say confused, but with visible concern in my eyes. She looks up to me and I see her swollen eyes. She did cry.
"W-What?" She says coldly.
"What are you doing here?" I ask. It's a stupid, idiotic question.
"Why would you even care?" She says. "You hate me anyways."
"That's where you're wrong, I don't hate you." I say softly. "Who said that?"
"I assumed." She says and turns away from me. I see Betty covering her face with her palms and wiping away the tears.
"How long do I have to stand here until you tell me why you're crying.. or sobbing..?" I ask.
"As long as you want. I-I won't tell you."
"And why is that?"
"Because I don't trust you enough. I practically don't know you, so I don't have to tell you a-anything or explain anything to you."
"Mhm, That's true, but isn't that also a reason for you to tell me?"
She turns to me and frowns at me.
"I mean, I practically don't know anything about you, so I can't judge you." I explain and she silently looks away again.
"Maybe."
"So will you tell me?"
"Fine." She turns to me again. "But you can't tell anyone, especially not my mom.. I have to tell her..." I nod.
"Okay. S-So, I got a call this morning.. from my s-sisters phone...and.. and there was a woman, who told me... s-she told me, that- that my sister d-died in a car accident.. last night-" Her voice breaks and she starts crying again.
I step forward and wrap my arms around her, without hesitation. She slightly hugs me back, but pulls away after a few seconds.
"I'm so sorry..." I whisper quietly and rub her back as she starts sobbing in her palms.
"I-I just feel s-so guilty..." she sobs.
"It isn't your fault at all.." I say.
"It is! S-she was supposed to c-come visit u-us... and I was the o-one that begged for h-her to come.."
"It's still not because of you... you couldn't know, what would happen..." I say softly.
„I-I know, b-but it feels l-like it.." she says shivering.
„You know... you need to tell your mom..." I say slowly.
She nods. „Y-yeah I know-w..."
„Do you want a ride home?- well I just got my motorcycle here, but..."

Ten minutes later.
I am driving down the streets, on my motorcycle, with Betty Cooper behind me, holding me tight. I never thought, this could ever happen.
I always wanted it to happen, but I never believed in it.

BETTY
I can't believe, that Polly is dead. She was basically like my twin sister, even though she's one year older than me.
I spent my entire childhood with that amazing girl, she would never quit on me. I could always count on her and she could always count one me. We used to talk about everything, before she moved to San Francisco to go to college.
I've been missing her so much, I sometimes recreated our conversations in my head. And now, we'd never have these again. And it was all my fault.

Jughead has been acting nice. Sweet. I like that side of him.
I've never rode a motorcycle before, but I trust him, so here I am, on a motorcycle with Jughead Jones.

Five minutes later.
We arrive in Elm street, in front of the white house I live in. Elm street is full of people like mom or me, that means, people are not used to the sound of a motorcycle in front of their homes.
I return the helmet to Jughead and start walking toward the red door.
I can't tell mom, but I must. I'd be breaking her heart. She just found happiness with FP, oh, how happy Pol would've been if she had found out about it.
Mom opens the door, before I can unlock it and I slowly enter the familiar house.
Tears find place in my eyes again.
"Honey, who was that driving you home on a motorcycle?" She asks, before seeing my teary eyes.
"That was Jughead.." I say and my voice breaks. "H-He was giving me a ride home."
Tears start streaming down my face, I can't hold it anymore. I sink to the ground.
"Honey, why are you crying?!" Mom suddenly comes forward me and sits down next to me on the floor.
"I-I got a c-call today, m-mom.." I sob.
"I-It's P-Pol.... s-she, s-she... s-she is dead, mom!" My voice fades and more and more tears escape my eyes.
"W-what?" Mom says devastated. I see her eyes becoming teary as well.
I nod. "S-She crashed h-her c-car on the w-way to R-Riverdale..."
I see moms tears running down her cheeks, she looks broken. Frozen. I quickly wrap my arms around her and we just cry on each others shoulders, for a long time...

Two hours later.
I sit on my bed, tears constantly streaming down my cheeks, I don't even try to stop them anymore.
I grab my phone and quickly text Jughead.

Thank you for driving me home.. I told my mom..
Always, I'm so sorry for your loss..
Yeah..
How is your mom?
Awful.. we just stopped crying on each others shoulder..
Have you told anyone else? Your friends?
No, but they saw me being sad all day
I'll have to tell them
Yeah.. should I ..tell my dad, maybe he can ..comfort your mom somehow...? I dont know, I just want to help...
You can do that, thank you, Jughead
Okay.. I'll see what I can do
Thank you..
Please stop thanking me..
Alright, see you
Bye

JUGHEAD
I put away my phone and stand up from the couch in our trailer.
I walk toward the kitchen, where my dad sits. I sit down next to him.
„Dad?" I say. He looks up to me.
„What is it, boy?" he asks concerned.
„It's about... Alice.." I say slowly.
„What about her?" I see him smiling at her name.
"You know, I saw Betty crying at school today..." Dad lays down the newspaper and frowns worried.
"Did something happen?"
"Yes.. do you know about Alice's other daughter?" I ask.
"Polly? Sure."
"Yeah... Polly.. she died in a car crash last night..." I explain quietly. "Betty told me.. she and Alice are having a break down right now..."
I look up to dad, he has tears in his eyes. "Oh, my god... do you- do you think she wants me there?" He asks quietly.
"Yeah.. I asked Betty... she says yes.."

FP
Twenty minutes later.
I ring the doorbell next to the red door. A few seconds later, Alice opens the door, with swollen eyes and dry tears on her cheeks.
I can't see her like that.
I quickly step inside and pull her into a tight hug. I feel her arms around me as the door falls closed.
"I'm so sorry, honey..." I whisper and stroke her blonde hair.
"H-How do you k-know?" I hear her sob.